Whats next? - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2007   #1
Registered!!

Keyees is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats next?

I was wondering what the next best thing for my sound system is. I am currently running KickerKS6.2s in the front, stock rear speakers, stock head unit. And a Kicker ZX350.4 Amp (4 channel). I am looking for this to be the most cost effective as possible. I dont wanna buy cheap stuff but right now my funds are limited and I would like the next thing I buy to make a noticable difference immediately. My bass sounds good when i have the volume down and the bass boost up on my amp. But if i wanna play my music loud i have to turn the bass off almost completely. And sometimes if i forget to turn down the bass boost my tweeters makes a very bad poping noise. I was thinking either a new head unit or Sub for my car. I think that a sub might be the best way to go because it will take the strain off my speakers for bass. I just quickly browsed crutchfield and found this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-abI5ZGY...50&I=700BSTG12
I know most people wouldnt be happy with 250 Watts but I dont want my bass overbearing the rest of the music. But still would like the extra kick from a sub.

Would the standard battery and alternator work with two Amps?

Thanks guys!
Keyees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #2
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whats next?

i've got a single 12" kicker comp sub and running it off 150w RMS. it's more than enough for a civic.
electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #3
Registered!!

mike21190 is an unknown quantity at this point

you should get an aftermarket HU first
mike21190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #4
Registered!!

beverly_k is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a new HU. Very noticable difference. Get those HUs that offers 4v Rca preout. Sound quality will definitely change. Its a bit more expensive but for me its all worth it.

my first HU has a 2v preout then I replaced it with an HU with 4v preout. my subs booming power increased around 30-40% and much clearer voice on my mids and highs. Indeed a very noticeable differnece
beverly_k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
civic, head, kicker, original, unit, zx3504