Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Hankook Ventus 2 Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Hankook Ventus 2 Opinions

I just purchased a set of four new Hankook Ventus 2 (205/50/15) for $215 includes tax. Car is '95 EX Coupe.
Seeking opinions from Ventus 2 users.
Old 07-03-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hankook Ventus 2 Opinions

It has been a while since I had a set of those but I remember liking them (maybe 8-10 years ago). They came on my 94 Accord. Are they all season tires?
Old 07-03-2018

Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reply,
Yes, all season. Most online reviews said they're good in dry and wet conditions but not good in snow. I live in Florida so snow is not a concern. Did they handle well?
Quiet, loud or in between?

Last edited by Wankenstein; 07-08-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2018

The Dong is getting his rubber put on today and will update with opinion in a week.
Old 07-07-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Lol sweet!

Yes they suck in the snow I do remember that. My Accord was so noisy from the fart cannon the kid put on it when I bought it and the headers and other stuff. They did handle well though for an all season. Not in the same league as a set of good summer tires but good for all seasons!
Old 07-08-2018

Well, I'm bored and a spazz so here's a two day review:

Compared to the old tires (worn out Nitto's) the Ventus 2 all-season tires are very quiet, take bumps much better, and seem to give good road feedback for the limited amount/type of use on them. They definitely do not grip like summer tires but that may improve after break-in period of 500 miles https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/...your-new-tires

For installation and balancing I brought it to a sorta sketchy looking shop that has very good online reviews. They charged $15 a tire (tax included) + $2 per tire old tire disposal fee. They only use road-forced balancing machines. Unlike Firestone/Tires Plus..these guys got the balancing correct on the first attempt.

Last edited by Wankenstein; 07-08-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-21-2018

Post 500 miles update: Tire have better grip now. Very good in dry and wet conditions. Worth the $215 (tax included).