Clicking/rattling noise when accelerating, turning or braking - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2015   #1
Registered!!

Divergent is an unknown quantity at this point
Clicking/rattling noise when accelerating, turning or braking

Hello everyone,

To start off, I have a 2004 Honda Civic DX (also considered SE) 2-door coupe.

Today I noticed that near the front of my car (I believe it is coming from the tires) there is a clicking/rattling sound when driving. The sound is absent when parked, idling or turning right. But when accelerating, maintaining speed, turning left or braking you can hear it. It seems to get worse (louder or clicking sounds faster) when accelerating or turning left. I tried checking the wheels and didn't find any sticks or stones in the tread or caught in the wheels/rims.

Brakes were replaced right before I purchased the car which was in May 2013 and I have driven about 28,000 km since.

I found it could be the backing plate, rotor, sign for new brakes or bearings, axle problems, etc.

I will be honest, I'm no car guru and my knowledge is limited but was wondering what you guys think it may be?

Overall my car is in really good condition with practically no rust except for the plates that the rims are attached too.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Divergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015   #2
Modtarded!

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Clicking/rattling noise when accelerating, turning or braking

Does it make the sound when you're revving your engine while parked? Have you checked your brake pads/discs for wear?
Poopies is offline   Reply With Quote