Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Bridgestone Winter Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gozuhair is an unknown quantity at this point
Bridgestone Winter Tires

Hi All
I have Civic 2005 automatic and I live in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada and because of heavy snow here I have a plan to buy Winter tires but used one and one of the person is selling Bridge stone tires and it looks like that tires conditions are also good . My question is that should I go for Bridge stone Winter tires or not? Your guidance will be highly appreciated.

In addition, I have a clear images for tires and if someone is willing to see these tires pictures and let me know about its conditions then I really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 11-17-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bridgestone Winter Tires

When I had a set of Blizzak tires, they were GREAT brand new.....Then after about the 3rd season (probably less than 10k on them) they were about the same traction as any other snow tire. Bleh.

You may be better off with brand new.
Old 11-17-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Bridgestone Winter Tires

TBH, the tires are actually designed that way. half way their tread depth, they change to different compound, aimed at people that wears them in one season, so the final part of the tires (40%) are for less snowy conditions, close to the springtime.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....l=Blizzak+WS60

"The Blizzak WS60 features a dual-compound tread with Bridgestone's silica-enhanced Tube Multicell compound layered on top of a standard winter compound.... The pores and tubes are uniformly distributed throughout the compound and are constantly being exposed around the tread as the tire wears.

When the Blizzak WS60 is 50-percent worn, a tread depth indicator molded into the tread design lets the driver know that only 10 percent of the remaining tread is the Tube Multicell compound."