Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Honda Civic SI 2001 Rock accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turnip is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic SI 2001 Rock accident

Hey guys I was driving around at night time and ended up hitting a really big rock sitting in the road, it ended up popping my tire. I replaced the tire with the spare but when I got home the spare smelt really strange and was really hot. I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem could be with the breaks, as well as what inch tires are on the civic, they say 60r15 does that make them 15 inch? Also how does one go about finding compatible break parts for my type of civic? Any help is appreciated at this point, thanks.
Old 07-04-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda Civic SI 2001 Rock accident

yeah they are 15 inch. the spare is much different and you need to be careful driving on those. if you didnt torque all the lug nuts to the same tightness, you could have warped the brake rotor on that side. and spares are not designed to be used above 35mph or for long periods of time. hopefully no major damage was caused, and you can just get a pair of new tires for the front or rear depending on where it happened. tires over 6 yrs old are not safe to drive on due to rubber drying out and cracking. always replace tires in pairs and try to match the ones you have now. or if all tires are due for replacement anyway, grab a set of 4.