Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

spare tire, what lug nuts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
spare tire, what lug nuts?

so i have aftermarket rims with tuner lug nuts, say i need the spare, i have to use oem lug nuts right??
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: spare tire, what lug nuts?

Good question, I was wondering the same thing on Thursday when I got a flat from a micro puncture. But I drove it to the gas station to fill it up flat since I snuck out of work to do it.
Old 07-21-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DDragon7
Good question, I was wondering the same thing on Thursday when I got a flat from a micro puncture. But I drove it to the gas station to fill it up flat since I snuck out of work to do it.
yar you should use stock nuts. Just get an aftermarket "spare"
Old 07-21-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no money lol. i will just get some cheapo stock nuts from advance tomorrow thanks lol. hopefully they have some
Old 07-21-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

I guess I should throw some stock lugs in with my car jack tool pouch.
Old 07-21-2008
Premium Member

well when i start to think about it, im really not gonna drive on a donut spare so idk why i even bother hauling it around. way dangerous already. i think im gonna look into getting another tire and have it mounted on full size rim if i can find one lol. that donut is already 7 yrs old and i doubt it would last long esp on a road trip. sucks that a full size tire wont fit in the trunk tho.
Old 08-05-2008
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

i have the OEM donut and i keep a set of the OEM lug nuts back there with it. yeah, you don't want to drive 75 on it, but the donut will get you by if you're stuck in the middle of nowhere. i also keep a tire plug kit in the trunk too. i drove for a year and a half on a set of plugged tires. works as good if not better than a patch.
Old 08-05-2008
Premium Member

yeah i have tire plug kit too. id use that before putting the stupid donut on there unless tire is totally flat.
Old 08-05-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

On the lug nut topic... are the lug nuts for the stock alloys and steelies the same?
Old 08-05-2008
Premium Member

yeah, all factory honda rim uses same lugs, alloy or steelie.