New Wheels Advice and Direction - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2007   #1
Registered!!

wmedrano is an unknown quantity at this point
New Wheels Advice and Direction

Hello Everyone ,

I ahve been researching forums to help me decide what wheels to purchase and I have boil it down to Motegi and Enkei. I want to get 18" many different discussion say not a good idea but many say its ok as long as I get good tires. My question is what tire size parameters should i get for a semi-smooth ride but agressive look. What weight should I stay between? I dont want to loose performance I have a dx, and if I get 18"`s can I get a smooth ride? Please advice. Anybody the wirght for enkei wheels?
wmedrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #2
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Wheels Advice and Direction

if you get 18" inch rims, your ride vill be VERY rough cuz you'd have to get lower profile tires which dont absorb as much impact. i'd get a nice set of 16". the stance is more in the drop than the size of the rims.
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #3
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Wheels Advice and Direction

I feel that the smooth ride has more to do with the suspension. And I think that feeling more bumps and jolts in the road are more from the tires. I used to have 18's. and I liked them. I I don't think the ride was less smooth because of them, but i certianly felt more of the bumps and rocks and things. I would get 18's again. I don't mind a hard ride. I think Rennen's advice would be good for you. 16's will probably be nice for you. I think you can get a 17 and still have a nice ride. It's really in the suspension.
Eyger is offline   Reply With Quote