Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Not your ordinary camber question

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enoughFiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enough
Not your ordinary camber question

Or is it?

Ok, so i'm dropped about 2 inches and bought new tires. The thing is, I dont have a camber kit. I've rotated the tires and noticed the inside part of the tire is already bald because of not having a camber kit. I dont plan on getting one for another month or so because of financial situations.... but i noticed now the tires in the back are worse than the ones in the front and its time to rotate them. Should I rotate them? Or let those two tires wear and tear and get two new tires after I get a camber kit? OR if I just wait to get a camber kit, will the tires wear evenly now?

Thanks guys
Old 10-16-2007
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Not your ordinary camber question

Did you bother to get an alignment at all when you lowered it?
Old 10-29-2007
Registered!!

EMTwannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

What year is you car?
How much of a drop?
Did you align?

If you didn't align i bet it's your toe, not your camber that's chewing up your tires.
Old 11-04-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

This is why I say do it right or dont do it at all. I got a camber kit with my setup from day 1...unfortunately I cheaped out on the alignment like a dumbass and ended up with this

1 front wheel had 0 camber
1 front wheel had -2.0
both rears had ~-2.5
i paid 65 for that alignment, and it was a good thing that I take my wheels off to wash them, and the underside of the car that I caught the camber wear within 3000 miles. Just got another alignment done that cost me 125, so thats a total of 190 because I didnt fess up the 125 the first time, money down the drain.

get a camber kit ASAP and get it aligned so they actually adjust the camber settings manually...if you live anywhere near Philadelphia by any chance I can send you to the place that did my second alignment they will take good care of you. Its not safe driving the way you are because if the tires wear enough on the inside, and get to the cords, its a major safety issue as far as blowouts...god forbid you blow a tire, then you run the risk of having to get a new rim...or if it happens on the highway, possibly a new car, worst scenario, you wont be around to get the new car. Never cheap out on stuff like this, but since you did, I would try to avoid driving the car as much as possible. GL