Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

should i paint my steelies

Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cerasoli1188 is an unknown quantity at this point
should i paint my steelies

well hey i'm workin at gettin some si wheels and someone to get em from but for now do you all think it would be an ok idea if i paint my steelies black and take off my hubbs for now ? otha wise my 6th gen sedan looks like the following pic?? thanks guys........alright theres another picture of the car now without the hubs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ci2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	71476   Click image for larger version

Name:	ste.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	71478  

Last edited by cerasoli1188; 06-15-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: should i paint my steelies

are the hubs scratched??? if so... paint the steelies.. if not, i'd rock the caps till i got rims
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

03TxCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't paint the steelies, because kinda see that as a waste. If it is really bothering you than by all means, go for it.
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

well one hub is a lil scratched and i thought that possibly the blacked steelies will give me a slight idea for what the black rims would look like in a way.
Old 06-15-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

No...
Old 06-15-2007
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

leave the hubcaps on until you get rims
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

NO! Just accept the fact that. Some are Balla's and some are not, right now you are not. If you paint them then you become a ricer or poser. Now if you paint them and then use the car for auto x then that is ok. Just do not rock painted steelies on the public roads.
Old 06-15-2007
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

hahaha...you said poser, i havent heard that phrase in a long time
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Hey FALKEN, if you like it then rep buuuuudiiiiiieeeeee.
Old 06-18-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^ freeloader......

i think the painted steelies shouldnt matter if your gona get rims anyway. you painted STEELIES black...its not liek u tried painting them white with a red lip or anything. it looks the same to me.. i dont think it makes u a poser or ricer or w.e...how the hell does that even count as rice? if u paint them and auto-x then its ok and if u drive on the street its not?? wtf?? what if he drives to auto x.....with painted steelies. so hes on the street as a rice for a while, then wen he gets to the track hes automagically cool? gimme a break.
Old 06-18-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
^^ freeloader......

i think the painted steelies shouldnt matter if your gona get rims anyway. you painted STEELIES black...its not liek u tried painting them white with a red lip or anything. it looks the same to me.. i dont think it makes u a poser or ricer or w.e...how the hell does that even count as rice? if u paint them and auto-x then its ok and if u drive on the street its not?? wtf?? what if he drives to auto x.....with painted steelies. so hes on the street as a rice for a while, then wen he gets to the track hes automagically cool? gimme a break.

never thought of it that way.. good point
Old 06-18-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

i'd go for it. I wanna rice out my steelies for the winter just for ***** n giggles. My car has a nice silver and black flow to it so im thinkin i'll paint them bright green like antifreeze green.
Old 06-18-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jamis33
i'd go for it. I wanna rice out my steelies for the winter just for ***** n giggles. My car has a nice silver and black flow to it so im thinkin i'll paint them bright green like antifreeze green.

hahahaha antifreeze green thats some sh*t lol
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
i dont think it makes u a poser or ricer or w.e...how the hell does that even count as rice? if u paint them and auto-x then its ok and if u drive on the street its not?? wtf?? what if he drives to auto x.....with painted steelies. so hes on the street as a rice for a while, then wen he gets to the track hes automagically cool? gimme a break.
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. You sound like Charlie Browns teacher. WAAAWAAAAWA WAAAA....
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

What you need to do is go to wal-mart and get some chrome paint.. then some painters tape.. then you need to tape off the steelies in the design of the 00si rims and get to painting.

Have a good day.
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Please for the love of all that is good. Under not circumstance should you paint your stock wheels.
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. You sound like Charlie Browns teacher. WAAAWAAAAWA WAAAA....
i think someone is feelin a lil insecure his point was spoken against which brought in more supporting thought and didn't know what to say, i say good day sir... haha just fkn with ya man but the dude does have a point. sry
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

Yes he does, It is just that some people use the stock for auto x because they don't want to messup their aftermarket wheels. Also that the steelies are lighter than say some 18's. So for that reason if he wanted to paint the wheels then cool and yes if he puts them on the car and drives to the event it would be ok. He has them on for a purpose but if he paints them and tries to pull them off as aftermarket then he is the poser or ricer. If he paints them Anitfreeze green as a joke then that would be funny.
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

<------------you see this over here

no rep. I'm a freakin genious over here and I've got no rep. wtf is really going on?
Old 06-22-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
Yes he does, It is just that some people use the stock for auto x because they don't want to messup their aftermarket wheels. Also that the steelies are lighter than say some 18's. So for that reason if he wanted to paint the wheels then cool and yes if he puts them on the car and drives to the event it would be ok. He has them on for a purpose but if he paints them and tries to pull them off as aftermarket then he is the poser or ricer. If he paints them Anitfreeze green as a joke then that would be funny.
.......................HE IS PAINTING...HIS STEELIES...BLACK.................................. ............. how is that even remotely close to pulling off them off as aftermarket. like someone is really gona come up to him and say hey what kind of wheels are those...i have some that look just liek that but theyre under my hubcaps... u cant be f*dfging serious man. it is not for the purpose of auto x or looking cool, he is simply painting them temporarily so hes not drivinig with rusted and dirty looking steelies. he wants an idea of how black rims look on his car.. are u kidding me? do u really gota be that defensive over something so stupid?? u need to chill man, i apologize for the guy who started this thread for not being as much of a cool speed racer auto x car god like you...thanks anyway for trying to make me look bad.
Old 06-22-2007
Registered!!

^^^I think that someone has their pantys in a wod..... I have never entered my car in an auto x event. So where I am a god I do not understand. Also, I was just stating my opinion, as he asked for from the title. Yes, I was serious, I have seen people paint the stock steelies and try to pull them off as bullet hole rims. I did not know the original posters intentions, I was just trying to warn him from the get go. If all he want to do is hide the ugly under the cap then go for it.

Last thing please learn how to type, or where you just too pissed to care?
Old 06-22-2007
Registered!!

Jesus Christ.. /thread
Old 06-23-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by firmhonda
Jesus Christ.. /thread
lol yeah.....
Old 06-29-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

You know what I say.....paint them.

You should paint them because I think through life we all frequently forget about having a sense of humor.

If you just paint them black then it wouldn't make any difference at all. If you paint them black with a chrome lip, it would be interesting, if you painted them with a spiral going toward the middle, that would be hilarious. Like this, paint this on your rim: