Recommendations on Car covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
user 73921 is an unknown quantity at this point
Recommendations on Car covers

I live in Chicago and am prepping for my first winter season with a car, any recommendations on waterproof car covers?

Possibly any tips how to prevent hail damage? i was thinking about getting a cover and putting cardboard in between the cover and the car.
Old 10-19-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Recommendations on Car covers

These look like nice covers

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/

I will be ordering a dash cover for my truck sometime from them.

Can you have a car port built? I have never really experienced hail but don’t think cardboard will help much.
Old 10-20-2017
Banned

Originally Posted by GolNat
These look like nice covers

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/

I will be ordering a dash cover for my truck sometime from them.

Can you have a car port built? I have never really experienced hail but don’t think cardboard will help much.
Those are nice! Thank you. Unfortunately no i cant have a car port built, its parked on base. I dont know how well the cardboard would work, when i lived in Texas my cousin used styrofoam from packing material one year and it worked okay.
Old 10-20-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I could see styrofoam being effective at protecting it. If you have some warning and a place to store it maybe thin pieces of wood (lewan) would work. Styrofoam under that would be even better.
Old 10-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light

Whatever car cover you get should have a soft interior that can trap and hold dirt to prevent it from scratching the paint.
Same with whatever you use to protect from hail, maybe a couple of moving blankets doubled over.
Old 10-20-2017
Banned

Moving blankets isnt a bad idea, Ill get some of those.