Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

feel some gear slipping while accelerating

Old 09-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gulzarh will become famous soon enough
feel some gear slipping while accelerating

i have Honda civic 2002 dx automatic transmission.
i am having some kind of slip in transmission,
exemple: when red signal change to green i press acc pedal, i get some kind of bumping or suddenly pushing in transmission, it is like something just slipped in tranny. gears clutch band etc..
so i have Lucas Transmission Fix for my Freestar 2005 but i still have half of bottle, so my question is can i put this liquid in Honda civic car which have 240 millage?
thanks
Old 09-21-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: feel some gear slipping while accelerating

Have you checked your transmission fluid level and condition?

240k kms....2002, probably due for a transmission replacement or overhaul
Old 09-22-2017
Registered!!

yes the level is ok and color little bit brown but should be fine.
so what about the product?
Old 09-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Brown is not good. Pink is what colour the ATF should be. Use on Honda DW-1 ATF and should have at least been a drain and fill every 48K kms. What have you done in the past to service the transmission fluid?
Old 09-25-2017
Registered!!

honestly it look still clean to me because it is not brown like brown but changing a little of his colours.
My transmission has never been service yet since his birth.
so anyone know the product Lucas? it have huge positive feedback on internet specially YouTube.
Old 09-26-2017
Registered!!

NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Nope - cannot recommend Lucas to you.
Can recommend using Honda DW-1 only. You want to drain and fill at least 3 times with driving in between. $$$ I know and not guaranteed to fix your transmission now. No flushing ever.
Old 09-26-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by NDNV
No flushing ever.
You mean i should never flush transmission fluid?? if so why?
Old 09-26-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gulzarh
You mean i should never flush transmission fluid?? if so why?
The meaning of "flush" can vary from person to person and manufacturer to manufacturer.

A simple transmission fluid service in this case consists of one drain and fill of the transmission fluid.....which replaces a bit less than 3 quarts (out of maybe 6-8 total capacity depending on the car).

By contrast, a "flush" is performed with the intent to replace the majority of the fluid in the transmission.

---

Do not use machine nor chemicals to "flush" a Honda automatic transmission.

Hondas only approved "flush" method is multiple drain-and-fills using the correct Honda automatic transmission fluid. There is an entire procedure published by Honda and has been posted in the forum many times.

---

Just think how much more service life your transmission could have given if you had it serviced on a regular basis.
Old 09-27-2017
Registered!!

why we should not use any machine to flush the transmission fluid? it just to replace to old fluid with the new one that's all. and i think personnelly it is good idea, because the majority of the old fluid will gone and new will replace it.
if we just drain by loosing draining plug we will only replace -/+ 3 quart instead of all or almost all.
in both case, the old should be removed to get new one.
so why to pay 3 time a mechanic to do one job? we can just flush at once so like that we can save money and time.
i just paid a mechanic to flush my Freestar 2005 transmission which got a little bit water in transmission, and after flushing with machine it work just fine. no need to pay 3 time to mechanic. i know we can do it by Our self also but still ''flush'' sound better to me because by the way of draining, the old fluid will be mixe again and again and again with the new one. in opposite side with flushing, old is gone for sure and new is in.
Do you guys agree with me or still Honda method are better?
Old 09-27-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,120 Likes on 935 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

There's a reason why everyone on this forum including a honda mechanic, is telling you to do a 3x drain and fill on your civic.
You wouldn't be paying the mechanic 3 times, it's one service where you perform the same task 3 times.
Do the drain and fills.
Old 09-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

My transmission has never been service yet since his birth.
so your transmission fluid is currently 15 years old, and you still think it is fine, because it looks okay??

Last edited by mikey1; 09-27-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-27-2017

why we should not use any machine to flush the transmission fluid? it just to replace to old fluid with the new one that's all. and i think personnelly it is good idea, because the majority of the old fluid will gone and new will replace it.
if we just drain by loosing draining plug we will only replace -/+ 3 quart instead of all or almost all.
in both case, the old should be removed to get new one.
so why to pay 3 time a mechanic to do one job? we can just flush at once so like that we can save money and time.
i just paid a mechanic to flush my Freestar 2005 transmission which got a little bit water in transmission, and after flushing with machine it work just fine. no need to pay 3 time to mechanic. i know we can do it by Our self also but still ''flush'' sound better to me because by the way of draining, the old fluid will be mixe again and again and again with the new one. in opposite side with flushing, old is gone for sure and new is in.
Do you guys agree with me or still Honda method are better?
It's your car. Do whatever you want.
Old 09-27-2017
Registered!!

question was very simple, Why we should not flush? what is the reason behind this? why 3 time drain&fill same time? what make the diffrence by this way?
i think some people have even more poor English than me that's why they dont understand the question well and get angry.
Old 09-27-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mikey1
so your transmission fluid is currently 15 years old, and you still think it is fine, because it looks okay??

Yeah that's what i think, if fluid is clean than why to change?
Old 09-27-2017

question was very simple, Why we should not flush? what is the reason behind this? why 3 time drain&fill same time? what make the diffrence by this way?
i think some people have even more poor English than me that's why they dont understand the question well and get angry.
Answered in reply #8.
Your owners manual has maintenance schedule information.
When is transmission fluid supposed to be serviced according to your owners manual?
Old 09-27-2017
Registered!!

I don’t have his manual but I think they said something 30,000 or 50,000.
Why this question?
Old 09-28-2017
Registered!!

My owner's manual for severe conditions (Canada) says to replace transmission fluid at these intervals (whichever comes first):

36 months/3 years or 96,000 kms/60k miles
60 months/5 years or 144,000 kms/90K miles
72 months/6 years or 192,000 kms/120K miles

It also states "To thoroughly flush the transmission, the technician should drain and refill it with Honda ATF-Z1 (DW-1 is the new better fluid), then drive the car a short distance. Do this three times. Then drain and refill the transmission a final time."
Old 09-28-2017
Registered!!

Honda version of "flushing" the ATF:The term "flushing" refers to repeatedly draining and filling the transmission with Acura Genuine ATF-DW1.

See procedure here: http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/p...nu/B16-046.PDF

Old 09-28-2017

Originally Posted by NDNV
Honda version of "flushing" the ATF:The term "flushing" refers to repeatedly draining and filling the transmission with Acura Genuine ATF-DW1.

See procedure here: http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/p...nu/B16-046.PDF

Highlight/copy/paste from your link for OP to read repeatedly:

NOTE: American Honda defines flushing the transmission as
draining and filling the transmission with a drive cycle

three times to help make sure the deteriorated fluid is removed.

There are other aftermarket flush systems available,
but American Honda does not recommend using them.
Old 09-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

i cant think of any fluid that could be "clean" after 15 years of use,

however, if you still think its "clean" and good, leave it in there and see how it goes

Search this Thread