Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Honda civic 2001 dx-sedan rear defroster

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gulzarh will become famous soon enough
Re: Honda civic 2001 dx-sedan rear defroster

Oh i got it where it is, i found it in the trunk between two speakers. it s a black box as you mentioned and the single pin connector with single black wire was loosen now i have tighten it and it is working. i am getting 12v in the both connector on the windows. but in the gride line it show 5v or 6v not 12v, is that normal or all the wires should have 12v each?
Old 02-11-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I would not mess with the small grid lines much more as easily damaged.

With a solid ground for your meter.... only 1 main connector at the glass should have 12V. The terminal on the other side of glass goes to ground.

With key at II and engine off you MAY see a slight dimming of the dome light while cycling the defroster on & off. That would let you know it is drawing current, and heating.
Old 02-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gulzarh will become famous soon enough

thanks to all, problem solve
Old 02-15-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Old 08-13-2023
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
cudatat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CraigW
2001 Honda Civic.....truly was a little old lady's car (my grandmother)... wanting to keep it going, keep it in the family.....

When I got the car, the rear defroster didn't work at all… but found out that it was because the passenger side pin had gotten knocked off. I bought one of the rear defrost adhesive kits and put the pin back on and it worked all last winter. Now this Spring I fixed the sagging headliner......And unfortunately, knocked that pin off. ... I did the adhesive again but now it doesn't seem to work at all! I checked with multimeter and voltage tester, I have voltage but oddly the multimeter is reading negative 12.15 V. I have the black on the negative (passenger side) and the red on the positive (driver's side). Frustrated that it no longer works, and puzzled by the negative 12.15 volts.
Any thoughts??
thanks,

Stu