Kinda a weird interior question..

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016
Car Audio Inc

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
thornygravy is an unknown quantity at this point
Kinda a weird interior question..

I was taking apart my 2004 coupe ex to do some rattle hunting and in the b pillar under the seatbelt assembly I see what looks like a black trash bag sticking out. I pull that out and behind it at first I thought someone stashed their weed and forgot about it lol. I see a big clear bag of what seems to be jute.

I'm assuming this is just factory's attempt at sound treatment? Just seeing if anyone has experience with this, did you remove it? I kinda wanna replace it with something less.. ghetto. I don't want these bags to start crinkling when the bass hits..

Some ideas I had are like filling it up with expanding foam or just some foam pieces, maybe some overkill or luxury liner pro? I dunno, thanks.
Old 10-02-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kinda a weird interior question..

I used to find black plastic bags of (stuff) in Ranger trucks below the jump seats, they were the same thing.