geico warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matteo will become famous soon enough
geico warning

person in front of me cut me off randomly so i had to slam brakes and skidded in the rain into the curb to avoid skidding into their car. they say i was too close, but they were turning to the left to make a lane change and swerved to the right/slowed down instead without indicator at last second at a Y shaped road where one lane splits into two. btw we werent road raging each other and were not speeding before this happened. guess what happens?

the cops say im at fault cuz im behind them and it wet etc. (even though no damage done to their car). cops dont explain that calling insurance wont help, they actually encouraged it as if i had a "shot" at proving i wasnt at fault but they continually say im at fault if i filed charges. so nothing was filed but they wouldnt let me get the others insurance/info...

called Geico with hypotheticals cuz i was afraid they would screw me over, but they say oh you can just tell us what happened and it may not be your fault after all and also you can cancel a claim at any time. ya right BS. by telling them ANYTHING that happens they make a "report" that you cant cancel which basicly means your insurance rate goes up on next term. there was so much bs-ing going on and being transfered around and even with the cops so let me just save the small minority who read this the trouble. (most of yall prob already know this)

law says if you behind the car in texas you basicly at fault (even if your not in reality) so dont call the cops unless it more serious. and if you report anything that is already generally considered to be at fault to your insurance company (like personal car damage but no damage to other cars/people) they are going to roast you with increased insurance rates (but 1st with you wont really be at fault or have increased rate/u can cancel at any time "lines"). btw they say they dont know anything about increased rates but if you get increased rates it would be next term but youll have to talk to service department about that. LOL like we r charging you even tho ur not at fault but we cant say how much but we know wen, but if u want to talk to someone about the increased rate we caused you...go talk to some other department cuz we dont deal with that.

i need a car camera bad...that could have changed everything (even the cop agreed). never should have called cops or insurance, they made a bad situation worse

Last edited by Matteo; 11-17-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-17-2014
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: geico warning

Originally Posted by Matteo
law says if you behind the car in texas you basicly at fault (even if your not in reality)
That's the law with any insurance company in Canada as far as I know. If you rear end someone then it's always your fault no matter what the cirumstances...period.

The other top 2 are accidents in parking lots and intersections. They are almost always ruled 50/50 so both drivers pay....and guess where the majority of accidents happen.
Old 04-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dsm482 has a spectacular aura aboutdsm482 has a spectacular aura about

in dash camera, you might have a chance proving.. i am thinking isntalling one myself..

i had a friend it helped with cops being dicks etc.. to get charges dropped..

i always wanted to install dash camera, one lookin forward, one behind the car and on inside.. cost 300 bucks ouch..
Old 04-08-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dsm482

i always wanted to install dash camera, one lookin forward, one behind the car and on inside.. cost 300 bucks ouch..
You can find far lower prices. I think my cam was about 30, plus buying a micro SD card
Old 04-08-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
You can find far lower prices. I think my cam was about 30, plus buying a micro SD card

but i want three cam system, front, inside , and back camera.. 30 bucks?

it will save your *** if you have those..
Old 04-08-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

but i want three cam system, front, inside , and back camera.. 30 bucks?
You could buy 10 separate dashcams for $300

WAIT Try $16.50 each here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Newest-Mini-Car-DVR-Camera-GT300-Camcorder-1080P-Full-HD-Video-Registrator-Parking-Recorder-G/32611924361.html

At this price you could buy 18 cams for 300 bucks LOL

I do want at least one more (or 3 more) for this car, another couple for my truck (that I never drive), and maybe one or two for my bike (IDK where those would hide though).
More for the GFs car too.

I'm too lazy to order more though.
Old 04-08-2016
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

good excuse to buy a gopro. lol

That's what I use
Old 04-08-2016
Registered!!

i got few questions, these only video when the car is on right?

not when u are parked in the store?

the one in the back are more different design, rearview camera... these are bulky.. but cheap..

u are right that's a good price.. I might get three for my car..

I think i have to by the memory sticks separate..
Old 04-08-2016
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you wire it up so it's only on when the car's on, they start taking video when you start recording.
Old 04-08-2016
Registered!!

arent they hard wired 12v to car battery? draining your battery?

or they use batteries themselves , no wires to car electrical system
Old 04-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaka-de-virgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Insurance companies are useless, and I can't believe its ilegal to drive without insurrance. Its the same thing with health insure, and now its ilegal not to have one?

This is just the govertment trying ot rip people off for more money, don't they get enough with those high taxes?

I was involved in a car accident a few years ago, and the car insurance was useless helping me with my case. I pretty much had to do everythig myself. Which begs the question why do i pay hundreds of dollars each year again for car insurance again?

No wonder people rip off the stupid IRS.
Old 04-08-2016
Administrator
Administrator

arent they hard wired 12v to car battery? draining your battery?

or they use batteries themselves , no wires to car electrical system
The one ezone linked looks like it's battery powered with a USB charging cord, much like a cell phone.
Old 04-08-2016
Registered!!

then I can hard wire that to 12v , and put a switch.. run all three cameras to same source of 12v put an inline switch.. that way i drive flip the swtich charge them...

no cables running to cigarette lighter
Old 04-08-2016
Administrator
Administrator

yeah, pretty much. You'd probably have to manually start recording though
Old 04-08-2016

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
good excuse to buy a gopro. lol

That's what I use
For some reason I pictured a big ol gopro attached to the side of your head, and people lookin at you all funny in traffic.

My dashcam is hard wired with the lighter socket/power outlet circuit (socket remains empty) so it comes on when I flip the key on. Wiring is tucked around the pillar trims and headliner. Camera is attached to a solid bracket (metal plate) wedged into the headliner (I didn't like the suction cup mount).
It has (HAD) a small internal battery backup, but that only lasts maybe 10 seconds now.
Old 04-08-2016
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by ezone
For some reason I pictured a big ol gopro attached to the side of your head, and people lookin at you all funny in traffic. .
lol

I have a flat gopro sticky-backed mount on my windshield, right behind my rear view mirror. USB cord I have is long enough to reach my USB port by my cigarette lighter adapter. I've thought about putting a USB port somewhere in my ceiling for it, but I'm lazy.

One time, for my radar detector, I ghetto-fabbed up a cigarette lighter adapter to have a 168 bulb base and plugged it into my passenger side map light during a road trip. It worked wonderfully.