What should I do with my door panels? (Interior)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicDX2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
What should I do with my door panels? (Interior)

Hello, I hope I posted this in the correct thread if not I apologize

I have a 2001 Honda Civic DX Coupe and I was hoping to get advice here on what to do with my interior door panels because the cloth came off and it's difficult to place it back. Here are some images of my problem:

Driver Side

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Passenger Side

I went to Honda Parts Dealer and asked them if they have this cloth because both sides are worn out already but instead they offered me to replace the entire door panel for $250 each and $500 for both sides but I don't have that kind of money for something like this so I took off without looking back and escaped that place before it's too late.

I really don't know what I should do with this and I would really appreciate any help. I would prefer to just rip the cloth off and get rid of it but I don't know how to cover up that glue stain. The only thing I can think of is painting it but I don't even know what type or what color. My options are rather limited as well since I only have a spraygun but no air compressor and I don't know if spray cans is an option. I only have a budget of $100 or less to fix this. Help please?
Old 04-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: What should I do with my door panels? (Interior)

Please don't create multiple threads on a single issue.
Old 04-30-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

go buy some fabric of your liking and some 3m spray adhesive.

just make sure the fabric you choose is stretchy-ish

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...els-suede.html
Old 04-30-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm re-opening this thread because it's posted in a more correct location. Let's have a supermod close/delete the one in the "old forums > detailing" one
Old 04-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I'm re-opening this thread because it's posted in a more correct location. Let's have a supermod close/delete the one in the "old forums > detailing" one
Sounds good.
Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicDX2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I apologize for double posting I didn't know about the old forums and I thought that it was abandoned already so I tried posting elsewhere. I just forgot to delete the other post I'm sorry. Anyway thank you so much for the advice I will definitely do that.