Oem Honda rubber floor mats vs. weathertech

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BiggSean is an unknown quantity at this point
Oem Honda rubber floor mats vs. weathertech

I know that Weathertech makes top notch floor mats, and I am honestly leaning in that direction.

I was just curious whether anybody here had the OEM honda rubber floor mats. I have found them online, but can't locate any decent pictures.

Anybody have any input on these? The front Weathertech matts are only $69.99, so they aren't a huge jump in price over the OEM mats.

I need a good set of rubber floor mats due to where I live. I get rain and snow, and I live on a 5 acre ranch, off of a dirt road.
Old 02-27-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Oem Honda rubber floor mats vs. weathertech

I've got the OEM ones in my Civic and Weathertechs in my Odyssey. OEM are heavy duty (literally, about 1/2" thick, solid construction, weigh a ton), and will last forever. The Weathertech mats provide better coverage if you are worried about spills, stains, etc., but are not as sturdy as OEM. I always prefer Honda over aftermarket, but you can see the reasoning for coverage in a minivan. Either one is a good choice.
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

Would you happen to have a picture of the OEMs? Do they wrap around the contours of the interior like the Weathertechs do?

I like how the Weathertechs are notched out around the trunk/gas cap release area. Seems like it would prevent them from shifting around.
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

OEM Honda. Doesn't matter what you ask, the answer will always be OEM Honda.
Old 02-27-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I might have a picture in my album. The OEM mats have a cut out for the trunk/gas release. OEM also come with mounting hardware for the driver's side. The only thing that I preferred with the Weathertech over OEM was that the Weathertech covered the area under the pedals better. That was with the Digi-fits, not sure about the regular all weathers.

Last edited by maxtierney; 02-27-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by maxtierney
I might have a picture in my album. The OEM mats have a cut out for the trunk/gas release. OEM also come with mounting hardware for the driver's side. The only thing that I preferred with the Weathertech over OEM was that the Weathertech covered the area under the pedals better. That was with the Digi-fits, not sure about the regular all weathers.
When you say mounting hardware, are you referring to the factory hooks that secure the driver's side floor mats? I don't have the factory mounting hooks in my 05, so that would be a big plus.

At this point I am considering the standard Weathertech mats vs. OEM, not the digifits.
Old 02-27-2011
EM2ti

Yes, the factory mounting hooks came with my OEMs.
Old 03-12-2011
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

So the all rubber oem are the best cuz im tired of this stupid old mat shifting and what not. if it doesnt trouble anyone have a link to a good place to buy mats?
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2002ExCivic
So the all rubber oem are the best cuz im tired of this stupid old mat shifting and what not. if it doesnt trouble anyone have a link to a good place to buy mats?
I ended up going with the rubber OEM mats and I couldn't be any happier. They provide excellent coverage, and were larger than I expected.

One of my biggest problems with floormats is my tendency to jam them around with my big feet (size 15).

I bought mine off of ebay. Here's a listing for a set at only $40:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...Q5fAccessories
Old 03-21-2011
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

i have the same problem but im size 13 hahaha.
The listing you put was 40 plus 17.~ shipped, btw
owh yeah did the rubber oem mats come with hooks or not?
Old 06-10-2011
Registered!!

hondagirl122 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought some OEM Honda Floor Mats for my car and I love them! They were also way cheaper than the other sites I was looking at!
Old 06-14-2011
Registered!!

My mats didn't come with hooks, but as luck had it, the hooks were already in my Civic, I just didn't see them because they were so low profile and tucked away pretty well.

I really do like these floormats. You can't beat them for the price.

Excellent coverage, very thick and extremely durable.