Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Civic 52 plate 2001. Issue with central locking.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicowner1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic 52 plate 2001. Issue with central locking.

Hi guys,
I am new here. Hi to everyone. Thanks for all the answers i have seen in previous posts about other issues.
i have a 3 door 2001 honda civic 1.9cdti.
my remote control does not work. But im not fussed about that. Been fine with putting the key and turning the barrel to lock and unlock.

few months ago the key wudnt go into the driver side barrel. Its damaged. So i started using the boot to unlock.

now one day i turned the key (it goes in fine, turns, and the signal lights flash) but no clicking noise to indicate unlocked. The locks did not open. Eventually after a few tries it opened. As i sat down inside the car it locks itself. Weird... i pull the locks up. Anyway.

few days later it does the same. I unlock using the barrel on the boot but it turns smooothly. Lights flash but would not unlock.

when it works all doors lock and unlock. When it does not work none of the doors lock or unlock.

few days later works fine. Now it works fine but i am worried one day it will stop when im out and about. So i need to fix it. Can someone pinpoint where this problem might be?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 01-18-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Civic 52 plate 2001. Issue with central locking.

Has the battery in the remote been replaced?
Old 01-20-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicowner1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Civic 52 plate 2001. Issue with central locking.

Originally Posted by GolNat
Has the battery in the remote been replaced?
hi i have replaced the battery. But im not fussed about the remote at the moment. My issue is when i turn the key on the boot lid... sometimes the car unlocks and at times it does not want to unlock at all.