1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

Driver door window not working!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Freak is an unknown quantity at this point
Driver door window not working!

to start off i have a 95 ex civic Sudan and the driver window is not working. I've done everything I could think of to fix the window, checked all the fuses and they were good, checked the motor and regulator and that worked too. The strange thing is is that when I got the car all the windows worked (except the driver) but only the two back windows could be controlled from the master switch, but now none of the windows can be use through the switch. So then I bought a master switch and still no luck, I thought that maybe my luck was bad so I got a third switch to try and nothing. So from there I thought it could be the driver door harness? But the power mirror and stereo works plus for the other windows to work, power has to go through the master switch before going to the other windows right? Im clueless on what to do and would rather fix this myself than spend 300+ getting it fixed, so if you have something that I could check or do please let me know, thanks!
Old 09-25-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Driver door window not working!

It's Probably a wire break between the motor and the rest of the circuit. It's a common problem on a lot of cars. The wires flex as the door opens and closes and then breaks some day.

-You'll need a wiring diagram, I like the Haynes Manual
-multimeter

-It's nice to have
-extra battery
-wiring
-test light
-gator clips to hold wires while you test.