1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

Kid friendly seat belts in back of 92 eg hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theRedhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Kid friendly seat belts in back of 92 eg hatch?

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket mounts or seatbelts that I can use for my kids car seats the stock ones only lock up when Pulled quick
Old 05-23-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kid friendly seat belts in back of 92 eg hatch?

Do you still have an owners manual for the car (or find one online)?

https://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/...owners-manual/

See pages 17-21 (I only checked Hondas online manuals, not the link above)

Kid seat was intended to go in the center lap belt...(and you should not have more than one tiny kid at a time apparently LOL)

Kid seat anchors you can install, the manual has a small diagram of locations to install those anchors....apparently some anchors came with the car when it was new?

According to the manual you can write to an address listed for anchors (I'd call the customer service hotline and inquire) ....

Once you find locations for anchors, you can scrounge some from a you-pull-it yard?
Old 05-24-2017
Registered!!

Yea the middle one seems to tighten fine because it's not a pull one it's stationed secure.
Butbyea il look at the manual thanks again ezone!
Old 05-24-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by theRedhatch
he stock ones only lock up when Pulled quick
You are suppose to pull the seat belt all the way out until it stays locked. Car seat should not move more then an inch at its base when secured properly. The middle is the safest seat to be in so I would use the middle seat.

Most fire stations and even motor vehicle will check it for free.

Also aftermarket accessories for car seats that have not been tested by the manufacturer of the car seat should be avoided as these have not been crash tested with your specific seat.
Old 05-25-2017
Registered!!

That's what I did first. When I pull it all the way out, it doesn't tick on the way back in like it's locking. It only locks up when I jerk it real quick
Old 05-25-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

It seems Honda didn't offer the 'pull belt out to lock' feature back then for that car.
It wasn't mentioned in the OM I read.