1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

1st stick car need help

Old 05-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
209b is an unknown quantity at this point
1st stick car need help

I just got a 95 civic dx and I'm trying to teach myself to drive stick. Once I'm going all is well but launching into first is a whole nother story. I either let the engine die or make it jump from going into too high of a gear at high rpm. Doesn't help the car has no tac to gauge rpm. Anyways any advice on this seemingly sensitive clutch?

also to this day every car I've ever owned has had over hearing problems is there anything I can do to make my engine run cooler? In central Cali and it's starting to get hot already
Old 05-04-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: 1st stick car need help

I have a co-worker that said when he was learning to drive a stick-shift his friend had him practice on an incline (small hill) switching from 1st to 2nd gear. He said it taught him to finesse the clutch to avoid the engine from stalling out.
Old 05-05-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

San Joaquin valley? Just assuming from the 209. Lol. My mom lives in Lathrop. But I digress.

On flat ground in 1st, depress the clutch all the way. Slowly lift the clutch pedal until the car starts to shudder (but not stall out). Press the clutch in just a little bit (maybe an inch?). Learn that spot. Love that spot. Commit it to muscle memory. That's where your clutch really starts to catch. Play around with how much gas to give as you release the clutch. Fine tune from there. Best advice I can give short of sitting shotgun yelling "gas gas gas GAS GAS" as you release the clutch pedal. Lol
Old 05-05-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Take the stick in hand, learn the motions, practice practice practice until you feel comfortable with it....The stick work is just as important as the foot work.
Old 05-05-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mcnoople
Take the stick in hand, learn the motions, practice practice practice until you feel comfortable with it.
Same thing I tell my wife

Search this Thread