1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

new here

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jlcalero is an unknown quantity at this point
new here

i recently purchased a 92 civic hatch vx. the sole purpose of the car is as a daily driver since my other is a jeep wrangler. i paid 1500 its a one owner car and was maintained decently. there are some things i have to do like timing belt maybe clutch etc. however i do want it to look nice, it is bone stock, i was thinking of lowering it about 1 inch. now should i do coilovers or springs and shocks? i dont want to break the bank as i bought it as a daily. any recommendations on brands?

also as far as the timing belt and clutch. whats the best way to go? Stock oem? or are there any other trusted brands out there?
Old 04-30-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: new here

Originally Posted by jlcalero
should i do coilovers or springs and shocks? any recommendations on brands?
Stock suspension is KYB brand. For an inch drop you can do either adjustable or non-adjustable (limited drop) coilovers. Brands: Tien, Koni, Yonika, Bilstein, H&R, and a schitload more.

Originally Posted by jlcalero
also as far as the timing belt and clutch. whats the best way to go? Stock oem? or are there any other trusted brands out there?
You'll want to get a timing belt kit: timing belt, tensioner and waterpump. Good time to replace the accessory belts: alternator, power steering pump and a/c compressor belt.

OEM is always the best way to go but, the most expensive. Amazon and Ebay sells timing belt kits with quality Japanese made parts such as: Aisin (waterpump), Koyo (tensioner) and Bando (timing belt). Do your research though prior to purchase.
Old 04-30-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: new here

Welcome =D.