1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

New to Civics and can't get it!!!help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacob Daniel is an unknown quantity at this point
New to Civics and can't get it!!!help!!!!!

Ok so I got a 95 Civic LX non VTech about 2 weeks ago. It ran and then 2 blocks away it died. Dude said it was the distributor connection and I zip tied it. Well it worked for like 20 mins then died yet again. Then got a new Main Power Relay. Took a couple trys but got it running then died yet again. I was at a stand still. Looked on YouTube and found a vid to test my distributor, coil pack and connection to distributor and on the vid he had me check the signal wire(yellow_green wire) from the distributor to ecm to see if there is communication. (He had a test light and probed it to see if the light flashes)but there is no light at all. I have proper spark, great fuel pressure, and replaced the BS relay. I'm so lost and the only thing I could figure is that my ecm is out but I don't know Honda's enough to make that claim.
All the help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Old 04-27-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: New to Civics and can't get it!!!help!!!!!

Sounds like it might be a distributor issue or more specifically an igniter or coil issue. Did both of those partspast the test: http://easyautodiagnostics.com/honda...system-tests-1

May also be a break in the wiring harness.The following may (or may not) be related Check the harness behind/underneath intake manifold for fraying: https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...owing-2106909/

You could pull and ECU from a junkyard and swap it and if doesn't work the return it (make sure it has at least a 30 day warranty).
Old 04-27-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Dude said it was the distributor connection and I zip tied it
Go back to whatever the seller zip tied and see why it needed tied together? What connectors are inside that aren't making a solid connection or have corroded or burned out?
Old 04-27-2017
Registered!!

This was the video I watched:
https://youtu.be/7Z6onrtKSW4
I went to the first site you suggested and did around the same thing but now I have to go retry the signal connection wire cause I had the wrong kind of test light. But all the connections on this entire car are perfection and believe me it's very surprised but no burns, loose connections or corrosion.
Old 04-30-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by turd_ferguson
Sounds like it might be a distributor issue or more specifically an igniter or coil issue. Did both of those partspast the test: http://easyautodiagnostics.com/honda...system-tests-1

May also be a break in the wiring harness.The following may (or may not) be related Check the harness behind/underneath intake manifold for fraying: https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...owing-2106909/

You could pull and ECU from a junkyard and swap it and if doesn't work the return it (make sure it has at least a 30 day warranty).
Ok so I bought a whole new distributor on eBay $54 and I'll have it Monday-tuesday. But this is the hell raiser part...... A buddy came over and adjusted my distributor timing (didn't know you could do) and boom ran like a dream for an hour or more let sit for a couple. So proud of the accomplishment I went to start it again just to test my luck and nothing..... Well today I pulled the timing all the way forward on the dissy and Bam started again and running perfect started it 20 times in a row and still working. Idk what to think anymore. Do you think it could still be the distributor?