1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

1995 Civic Air Conditioning button replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lovel Banks is an unknown quantity at this point
1995 Civic Air Conditioning button replacement

Hi,
My Honda only has 117k miles on it and no problems except air conditioning doesn't come on. For a while I could place a paper clip in the gap of the recirculating button , then I had to go to holding the button in with my finger while driving to hero ac on, last year that stopped working as well.
So is it easy to take climate control panel and replace broken part and recirculating button myself? Getting replacement from a pic n pull.
Thank you for ant guidance,
Mechanically challenged Lovell
Old 04-27-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: 1995 Civic Air Conditioning button replacement

Originally Posted by Lovel Banks
So is it easy to take climate control panel and replace broken part and recirculating button myself?
I just went through the same thing recently with my '95 EX. Most likely the climate control needs to be resoldered. Pulling one from junkyard may end up needing resolder too as it's a fairly common issue with these 5th gens.
Here's a write up: http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...-teardown.html

Also a video to show you how:

This Harbor Freight tool works well: http://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece...ver-92630.html.
Old 04-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lovel Banks is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Mr. Ferguson!
Did you do it yourself or hire a shop? Just wondering how much this might cost.
Thank you again
Lovell
Old 04-28-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lovel Banks
Thank you Mr. Ferguson!
Did you do it yourself or hire a shop? Just wondering how much this might cost.
Did it myself with the help of the video and page I linked. The toughest part for mine was removing the green harness plug that connects to the back of the climate control. After I removed the dash pieces and stereo there is a black pastic piece/brace that sit diectly above the climate control and makes it very tough to get good sight and grip on thet green harness plug. I ended up cutting (dremel/rotary tool) that black plastic piece out and IMO I wouldn't have been able to unplug the climate control if I hadn't remove it.

Mechanics usually charge an hourly rate and my guess is it would be between a two to three hour job with resoldering included. You couldalways try yourself firsy and see how far you get with it. If you get stuck then hire a mechanic and bring them the video and write-up links I posted to better their understanding.