1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

Another Overheating thread..... I know

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperEF is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Another Overheating thread..... I know

I know this has been talked about before. Ive searched and nobody hasnt encountered the same problem I think.
Anyway 2 days ago my JDM D15 Del Sol temperature passed the halfway mark and it was surly going to the H mark.

Luckily I arrived home just in time. I checked the radiator, hoses and everywhere for leaks. I didnt find anything. No leaks at all and the radiator was full. I started the car and waited for it to heat up. The fan didnt kick in so I got a radiator fan switch and put it on. The fan still didnt start so I jumped the wires and drove around the block with the fan jumped and it still began to overheat. While I was driving I had to turn on the heat so that will lower the temp which it did instantly.

The radiator and cooling system was flushed a month ago and this just happened to start. I have playing around for at least a few hours to see if it was an electrical fault but the fuses and relays are fine. I don't have a clue what to do next.

So basically my fan isnt working with the new switch installed, the radiator and the system was flushed out a month ago and I surely cant use the AC

Im out of ideas.
Old 06-24-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Another Overheating thread..... I know

possibly a blown head gasket,

how is the coolant level in your overflow bottle?

filled right up?
Old 06-24-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperEF is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikey1
possibly a blown head gasket,

how is the coolant level in your overflow bottle?

filled right up?
everything seems normal.
Old 06-24-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

and drove around the block with the fan jumped and it still began to overheat. While I was driving I had to turn on the heat so that will lower the temp which it did instantly.
this tells me the radiator isn't shedding heat, but the heater core is.

With the radiator fan running and the engine getting hot, open the hood and put your hand behind the radiator fan and feel if it is blowing screaming hot air or if it is blowing somewhat lukewarm air, or what it's blowing.

Possible thermostat stuck closed, possible clogged radiator core ----either clogged inside so it has poor water flow, or clogged on the outside with 20 years of sand and bugs so it has poor air flow---, or something along those lines.

One time I found a plastic shopping bag somehow got stuck between a radiator and AC condensor blocking all air flow..... I didn't find it until things were being taken apart.