1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

Help me find my service manual for my Honda Civic please...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honvic is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me find my service manual for my Honda Civic please...

I have spent several months on this, reading all the manuals I have gotten. I have downloaded all the manuals I can find online, from 1989 all the way up to 2006 and I can not find a service manual for my car. My car is an Australian Honda Civic 1993 EG Sedan, Twin Carby, 1.5 litre, Manual with the engine number D15B42....

There is a lot of confusion as to what engine, carby and car I have!

Can someone please help me find my manual. I bought a second hand carby which sais EG4 on it.

Here are pics of the engine and carby I have.

Old 10-07-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Help me find my service manual for my Honda Civic please...

huuunh...
You have a very tough case, then.

Have you tried some australian sites?
where are you located?
Old 10-07-2011
Registered!!

honvic is an unknown quantity at this point

Today, I am very happy!

Went to my local auto parts store with my carby and as I was paying for my carb cleaner and gasket, this mechanic enthusiast came up to me asking what car my carby came from. To cut this story short, I told him about my fuel mixture problem and he told me how to adjust it

Apparently, you open the two little lids on the carby and there will be a piston in there that helps adjust the fuel to air mixture ratio. You unscrew a screw that holds the piston to make it loose and you use a calipre for measurement and raise the piston for more fuel or lower it for less fuel. You have to match the two pistons height and try to be atleast no more than 1mm off or else it will run rough.

Very amazed at how some people off the street would help a stranger. I decided to look at my carby again when I got home and noticed where the auto choke was that raised and pushed the cam for idle. I decided to adjust the screw next to it which helped lower my idle down to 900rpm.

Hopefully this fixes my idle issue and as for the black smoke issue. I am thinking of maybe replacing the auto choke with the wreckers version or either adjusting the carburetor pistons as described above, but I am unsure as to how this would solve the black smoke issue since black smoke only occurs when the engine is not warm. So I am thinking if I adjust it lower, then maybe, once it is warm, it will run with not enough fuel in the mixture.

Any opinions out there??

Should I salvage some parts from the wrecker carby and install it on my car and if so, which do you think would help solve the black smoke on cold engine issue?

Note that, when the weather is very cold or raining and I start the car, the black smoke issue does not occur, even though the engine is not warm. The black smoke mostly occurs when the weather is fine and I start the car and the engine is not warm.
Old 10-08-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

glad you got part of the troubles out of the way. Maybe you need different nozzles (was that the word?) for the idle fuel passages - they can start being corroded and let too much pass (although i am not familiar with the honda carbs, i played with the weber and solex for older VW's...)
Old 11-29-2011
Registered!!

galokar is an unknown quantity at this point

hello..hope you can fix your car trouble..do you have a link where i can download the service mannual for 2006 honda civic ex? thanks