1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

Need Help Im A New Guy To Civic Hatchy

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigWolfPk is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help Im A New Guy To Civic Hatchy

Alright im new at the civic and car thing in general but I try best on research so dont judge. So im looking to buy a 92-95 Honda Civic hatchback by the end of the summer. I want to make this char into a daily car and a street car or some sort. So far on my search Vtec engine is best but whay one 1.6 or 1.8. What would be the cost for a swap and the engine? I dont know other engines I have heard of B16, B18, B20 but dont exactly know what it stands for and whats the differances between Vtec. Where and what turbo to put in and where to find it. Also for the exhaust whats best? What 92-95 car model is best for me and whats the easiest to make it custom. Im not worried about looks im worried about the speed. Looks can be put for last with extra money at the end. I need to know what parts to put in the engine or anything I have not covered that I need for the civic. "This one is for a friend" he wanted to know about the nitrous system on whats best and size? Im not into the whole N.O.S thing for a starter car for now. All I want is a list of things or a fourm thats already posted on with for a cheap but good honda civic. By the end im probally will be looking at a 6,000$ to 8,000$ to put into this car or maybe more. I know what I want for my starter car because of mgp and such. Thats my other question on the mpg and hp and etc what will I be looking at and how much of a increase would it be for every part I put in. Like how much hp would a turbo would give me and how much faster would it go? I know I probally do sound childish but im 17 trying to do all of this. I am patient on building the car because of my budget. Also about what will the price be for each of the main pieces and what should I start with into putting on the car? What are cams on the car and timers also the timers on the side along the dash board near the driver? Besides the fact I only looked at 92-95 would 96-00 be cheaper when putting parts in? I want the cheapest but best car and parts for street racing. Finally what is JDM for a civic. If I can be helped with all of this I will be very thankful. Just if you think I need to know more add on on what I need to know and what I need in general
Old 07-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kmtidyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need Help Im A New Guy To Civic Hatchy

See my post above--Fix UP, Sell, or donate '96 Civic hatchback.

We live in Vienna, VA, just outside of Washington, DC. Let me know if you are interested in purchasing.