1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

Hello First Post...First 95 Civic Upgrade Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B1gp1mp3n is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello First Post...First 95 Civic Upgrade Ideas

Hey everyone, I own a 95 Honda civic ex. Unfortunately it is an automatic, however it has extremely low miles. I'm looking for some bang for my buck. Within $1000 what parts would be a great upgrade from stock? Ideas would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2010
Registered!!

EFRue57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hello First Post...First 95 Civic Upgrade Ideas

what are you looking to get out of your $1000? reliability, better mileage, power???
Old 03-03-2010
Registered!!

RocKStarNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hello First Post...First 95 Civic Upgrade Ideas

You can make a 1000bucks go a ways to makeing your car reliable and clean looking, I always start with the mechanical first. Tune-up, oil, air/plugs/wires. Check your lights, cracked lenses or fogged out front light lenses? You can either replace them or have them re-cleared<> Walmart service dept has a place they will send them to to have the plastic ones re-cleared>>glass ones you can use some CLR on and shine them up...
Next, transmission, is it in good shape, no shift slips? good if it doesnt.. Have it serviced at a good transmission shop if you can do it yourself..
Timing belt< how many miles on the old one, dont matter you should change it just to be sure>easy if you are good with tools and there are plenty of help here for advice. Re-place worn out belts, check for cracking or if they are RUBBING the dust cover>> cover that in another post<< Leaking oil? where, try and find the leak> common around valve cover and check the sparkplug holes to see if they are filled with OIL>> A poor valve cover install< I recently worked on my daughters 95 civic, gave it all new engine mounts, timing belt, tune-up and even had the stained up Valve cover powder coated to look (Sweet)..30 bucks. not bad at all for the nice clean apperance... I hope to have some pics uploaded soon so keep watching, Check you breaks now, are the rotors grooved, feel uneven or discolored with tiny cracks? 100 bucks will replace both front rotors and brake shoes and if you want to replace the break cylinders/calipers I would!
Flush the break fluid and then check the back breaks, same checks as above..
You should still have a bunch of cash still... but your car is running great, Look at the tires, are the stock rims in good condition? clean them up, are you happy with stock? New tires are an item you can get if you shop around and haggle you can get a good deal on some really nice skins for cheap, I hope I have helped some, try and stay away from buying those expensive cheesy add ons for the car, shifter ***** and stupid glowy lights and crap..You will be disapointed in the quality and the installs are usually wacky..
There are some great deals on racing seats for around 2 to 300 bucks and if you are handy with some metal fab you can install some seats..
You can look at taking that 1000 bucks and buying a nice rebuild kit for your engine too, upgrade pistons/head rebuild/new cam... Keep saving some cash and you can build a nice little ride...