Electrical Post your Electrical issues here!

Gas gage wont work

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98dx_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Gas gage wont work

So I installed a 99 CRV cluster into my 98 civic dx and I dont think my gas gauge is working right, I was at 3/4 of a tank with the orginal cluster, and then when i installed the new one it didnt move nor has it moved once it was turned off/on, what should i do to fix this? The tach and everything else works about to test drive it to maybe break it in and see if the gas goes down at all
Old 01-03-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gas gage wont work

Put the correct original cluster back in the dash.
Gas gauge works again?
Old 07-03-2020
Honda civic do it yourself videos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dannyvannika21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 98dx_
So I installed a 99 CRV cluster into my 98 civic dx and I dont think my gas gauge is working right, I was at 3/4 of a tank with the orginal cluster, and then when i installed the new one it didnt move nor has it moved once it was turned off/on, what should i do to fix this? The tach and everything else works about to test drive it to maybe break it in and see if the gas goes down at all
Old 07-03-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

So, downside to posting that video in response (even though this thread is over a year old, but I'll allow it) is the guy in the video is swapping an 03-05 civic cluster into a 2005 civic. Straight plug and play.

OP put a CRV cluster into a Civic. What it sounds like to me is the cluster connectors (in-car dash wiring harness) wasn't re-pinned correctly to send a proper signal to the new cluster. Back to the video, even if someone wanted to swap an 03-05 cluster into an 01-02 (same generation, post-facelift into pre-facelift models), re-pinning the connectors is required.