6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Intake manifold options for D16Y8

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hondaguyej8 has a spectacular aura aboutHondaguyej8 has a spectacular aura about
Intake manifold options for D16Y8

So, hopefully I didn't miss anything while I was searching but I have a burning question about D16 intakes.

I have a 98 ex D16Y8 auto, intake stamped p2k

My brother has a 98 ex D16Y8 manual, intake stamped p2k
No picture....

Recently I traded for a 96, vin of ej8, with a D16Y8 manual but the intake is stamped p2p

So my questions are:

1. Is this blue vacuum hose in the correct position? Both nipples were capped when I got the car, both nipples produce vacuum, seems to run better with them run together but idk if this will generate problems.

2. What difference if any is there between the p2k and the p2p intake manifold? Pros and cons of each?

Any input is appreciated.
Old 03-28-2018
Registered!!

Hondaguyej8 has a spectacular aura aboutHondaguyej8 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Intake manifold options for D16Y8

UPDATE: still running this intake in the dark. The 96 civic with d16y8 and standard transmission . I have cut the blue hose and stopped off both sources of vac. Seems to idle a bit better but still falls flat and dies when I pull it out of gear to stop at lights or stop signs.

BUMP for help.....
Old 03-29-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Here are some diagrams, maybe that will help?

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...ic-ex-1875808/

Does that black hose underneath the blue go to the fuel pressure reg?
Old 03-29-2018
Registered!!

Yes the smaller black hose runs to the fuel pressure regulator .thanks for the link to that vacuum discussion .