6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

D16Y8 Performance Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaci is an unknown quantity at this point
D16Y8 Performance Upgrades

Hello all, I have a '98 Ex Coupe with D16Y8 and I am looking to get it some thinks to make it run better/keep it running longer. I am a delivery driver, so I drive a lot. I already have a cold air intake and I just put a new distributor on after moisture got into my old one screwing it all to hell. Here recently I have replaced the spark plugs, wires, I gave the throttle body a good cleaning when I put the new air intake on, I got a new battery recently also. I am due for an oil change in about 1,000mi.
​​​​​​

I am about to put a new cat back exhaust system on it as the stock muffler sounds like it has rocks in it and it makes quite an annoying rattling sound whenever I accelerate. Are there any other suggestions as to things I can do to get the most out of car?

Engine swap is not an option at the present moment, I don't have the funds for that. I would like to do a swap at some point in the future. What I really want is the best MPG I can possibly get.
Old 11-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatDSeriesKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: D16Y8 Performance Upgrades

Really any mod for better performance is going to harm your MPGs depending on where your from (state/ district laws) u can replace the cat with a test pipe (with a loss of low end torque) and that will increase your MPGs a few miles