6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Compatible parts for a 99 Civic la and more.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chamy1. 23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Compatible parts for a 99 Civic la and more.

Hello. I'm new to the Honda community. I have a 1999 Honda Civic LX 5spd manual with a D16Y7. I'd like to know which car trims have compatible parts with my car or if I should sell it and get something better. It's bone stock except for the short ram intake that does nothing. The car didn't even run or turn on. I changed the spark plugs, radiator, put an intake since it didn't have one (I found it I didn't buy it) took off the head, cleaned it, painted it white with red accents, put a new head gasket, put some seafoam in the gas tank and ran it, a used on/off switch that still has the same problem and I'm currently fixing the alternator that is not working.

Here's what it needs:
-Rack and Pinion
-New Clutch
-Header back exhaust (it's broken from the header to the back)
-Rear anti-roll bar (It understeers quite a bit)
-Suspension (the shock absorbers are not working)
-Tires
-Brakes
-Shifter Assembly (when you put it in gear it moves around like if it was in neutral)
-New hood (it's broken)
-VTec YO!
-More power

This car was a gift from my boss. She gave it to me because she was going to put it in the junk yard.
When I received this car it did not work at all. When I did get it to run I floored it and it took me 2 miles to get to 60mph now it takes less, 10-12s. I'd like a little help.
Old 10-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chamy1. 23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Compatible parts for a 99 Civic LX and more

Originally Posted by Chamy1. 23
Hello. I'm new to the Honda community. I have a 1999 Honda Civic LX 5spd manual with a D16Y7. I'd like to know which car trims have compatible parts with my car or if I should sell it and get something better. It's bone stock except for the short ram intake that does nothing. The car didn't even run or turn on. I changed the spark plugs, radiator, put an intake since it didn't have one (I found it I didn't buy it) took off the head, cleaned it, painted it white with red accents, put a new head gasket, put some seafoam in the gas tank and ran it, a used on/off switch that still has the same problem and I'm currently fixing the alternator that is not working.

Here's what it needs:
-Rack and Pinion
-New Clutch
-Header back exhaust (it's broken from the header to the back)
-Rear anti-roll bar (It understeers quite a bit)
-Suspension (the shock absorbers are not working)
-Tires
-Brakes
-Shifter Assembly (when you put it in gear it moves around like if it was in neutral)
-New hood (it's broken)
-VTec YO!
-More power

This car was a gift from my boss. She gave it to me because she was going to put it in the junk yard.
When I received this car it did not work at all. When I did get it to run I floored it and it took me 2 miles to get to 60mph now it takes less, 10-12s. I'd like a little help.
Thank you.