6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

need help starting my project car

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phat_Carl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile need help starting my project car

i got a 1998 honda civic lx its automatic its all stocked and i want to start messin around with it where do you guys reccomend i start working on the first my friends tell me i should start with the air flow such as intake,headers,exhaust by the way can you guys tell me what kind to get or give me and idea on what to work on first please and thank you!
Old 08-20-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: need help starting my project car

Don't waste money on bolt-ons for this car as you'll achieve little to no horsepower and torque gains. Look into a "mini-me swap" (google) but even that isn't worth the hassle IMO for what amounts to adding Vtec. Another item working against you is the base model automatic transmission..it has a longer gearing ratio and is designed for economy. People do automatic to manual transmission swaps but they aren't cheap and are quite involved mechanically. The old addage applies here: "you can't polish a turd." Well, you can but it's going to cost you near a couple grand and a lot of work.