6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Looking for suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98hxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for suggestions

I am looking for suggestions because I am new to the forum and also this is my first Honda. I have done some research on YouTube of different wire tucks and brake tucks and so on. But I was hoping to learn more of what may be the best way for me to start enjoying the many possibilities I can do with my car. It's the lean burn hx and if do a motor swap what is my engine worth with 134 thousand on it? What's the smartest cost efficient swap and how often are front end conversions done and where may I find info on them? Thanks for any advice in advance and I hope to learn as much as possible and hopefully become very knowledgeable in Honda Civic lifestyle!
Old 08-17-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Looking for suggestions

Before those questions can be answered you should tell us what you are capable of. Any experience working on cars? Access to tools and place to use them? Budget?

Likely the easiest swap would be a "B" engine since there are many parts available and the engine was a factory install in that generation of civic. However, that swap can get expensive.
Old 08-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98hxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Looking for suggestions

I have many years of mechanic experience with engine and transmission replacements and have helped a friend do a couple different Honda d to b swaps but he was very familiar with it all. I have a full shop and access to any and all tools I will need and a general knowledge of the d series Honda engine trans removal and rebuilds .. But I myself have little knowledge of what would be better for my particular vehicle and so on .. I am not going by a budget really just finding some suggestions and then moving forward as I can this would be a project that would probably take some time getting what is needed through different vendors and so just hoping to get some more familiarity with what swaps and upgrade are available for my car! Thanks for your time and knowledge