6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Window Regulators

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eugene Paul is an unknown quantity at this point
Window Regulators

Hi All,

My 1997 HX is just about to hit 80,000 miles. I have had the driver's side window regulator replaced at least twice and the passenger side one once.

Now the driver's side is not working again but my mechanic said he cannot get the factory part, it's been on order for over a year. I'd like to get one or two and another for the passenger side.

Does anyone know where to get original parts or what otherwise to do?

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Window Regulators

Use silicone spray lube all along the run channel seals (including down inside the door cavity) so the glass can slide up and down easily. Repeat whenever the regulator seems to slow.

If the run channel seal is deformed or the glass jumps out of it, refer to the bulletin here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/di...un_channel.pdf

Drivers side power regulator has been discontinued according to the Honda parts catalog I see.
Passengers side does not say this so it MIGHT still be available through Honda.

Check local parts stores, maybe a company such as Dorman makes a replacement regulator?
Old 07-11-2017
Registered!!

Thanks for the bulletin. The part is not made anymore and I'm not sure if the dealer can do anything about it but I will start there. The window comes out of the track so it goes up but does not align with the upper channel.

Also thanks for the Dorman reference. My mechanic hates aftermarket parts but I have no choice. Do you know if any of the aftermarket products are better than others or are they all pretty much the same?
Old 07-11-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The window comes out of the track so it goes up but does not align with the upper channel.
If you don't resolve this issue, it can damage the window regulator by bending it as the front of the glass drags or jams.

Do you know if any of the aftermarket products are better than others or are they all pretty much the same?
No real experience with this particular situation on that car. Sometimes you don't have much choice so you have to take what you can get.
Old 07-11-2017
Registered!!

Thanks for your comments. I'll start with the dealer and then try an aftermarket part if they can't do anything. I appreciate your help.