6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

New to the Civic scene (build thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buzzlightyear is an unknown quantity at this point
New to the Civic scene (build thread)

What's up guy's, my name is Paul. About 2 weeks ago I purchased a 99 coupe ex. This car needs a lot of work, and I am looking forward to rebuilding it. Ill put pics up asap (she isn't much to look at yet). I am looking forward to hearing from everyone, and updating this thread as my build continues.
Old 02-25-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to the Civic scene (build thread)

Post up those initial pics man. We love seeing progress pictures.

♩Started from the bottom now we here♩

lol

What you got in mind for the build? Goals? Your vision for it's final outcome?
Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

I'm working on the pics, I'm not 100% sure of what I will do with the D16y8 either rebuild and boost, or a GSR swap (havnt really made up my mind).
This thing is so ugly right now it gives other cars check engine lights when I drive past them lol. So first I have to get it running well and make it decent to look at then ill worry about what I do under the hood.
Old 02-25-2017
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buzzlightyear
This thing is so ugly right now it gives other cars check engine lights when I drive past them lol.
Dude, you made me choke on my coffee. hahahahhaah

Stick around, ask questions when you need. Welcome to the forum
Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

I'm not 100% sure how to load photos buts theirs the URL, you can check it out in my garage.
Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

oh I got it lol
Old 02-25-2017
Administrator
Administrator

holy ****, you weren't kidding. You got a long road ahead of you
Old 03-04-2017
Registered!!

As you guys can tell from my pic above I need to remove the tint, is their an easy way anyone could inform me of...I also picked up some new tail lights, I'll post pics soon to show you guys the update!!
Old 03-04-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Wow!! That is gonna need some work to make her pretty.

It would be cool to leave it as is and do an engine swap or boost...sleeper status! Hey this POS wants to race me, oh wait what just happened!

As for removing tint, I think a heat gun works. There are other tricks using trash bags and the sun but I can't remember them. I am sure there is something you can buy in a can to remove it. Good luck with it though I am sure she will be looking good once you are done.
Old 03-04-2017
Registered!!

I'm definitely going to boost it, either rebuild the d16y8 or a ls vtech swap
Old 05-21-2017
Registered!!

Roc-N-A is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol, just know that you are not alone. I'm in the same boat. I bought my 97 Civic EX Vtech (that was not connected) 5spd little over a yr ago. I'm still stripping mine down & cleaning it inside & out. The previous owners ran it slap thru the ground. It original was a D16Y8 but it came with a blown head. So I fixed that. A month later the bottom end blew. So I was able to find a Y7 & slapped it in. The seals are so dry-rotted....the whole car was molded & smelled so bad. I have stripped the ENTIRE CAR! I drive a shell. Like I can go on & on with what is/was wrong with mine. But slowly & surely I'm finally getting somewhere. This whole week my car has been in jackstands.

Oh, to take off the tint....
Wait till a hot day. Get a bottle of amnoia & water (half & half) and i used the excess plastic from someone else's tint job. I soaked my windows then put the plastic on it & let it sit with all windows up. Then later when the sun goes down take razor blade & start scrapping.
Where do you plan on starting?
I haven't figured out how to post my pics on here.