6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Replacing exhaust on 2000 civic 1st time

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlazeE is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing exhaust on 2000 civic 1st time

I am replacing my exhaust system on my civic. Its a EX (even though for some reason my title says UAX but that's another thread) with a 6 cylinder engine. Is there anything i should be aware of when ordering parts. Most things i am looking at say they are for years 96-2000 and will fit all models in those years. Is the fact i have a 6 cylinder instead of 4 gonna matter?
Old 12-27-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing exhaust on 2000 civic 1st time

with a 6 cylinder engine.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 12-28-2016
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Is it leaking or damaged? The reason it says fits all models is 1996 to 2000 Hondas were 4 cylinders. You do not get to count the clutch and master cylinders. Salesmen tend to overcompensate.
Old 12-28-2016
Registered!!

its pretty much rusted through at all the wrong places and completely disconnected after the cat. converter. the engine has been replaced from the original a few years ago before i owned it.
Old 12-28-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for pics of a 6 cylinder engine stuffed into this Civic.

A local exhaust shop may be cheaper/faster/easier than buying all the pieces (pipes, muffler, gaskets and hardware and hangers and all the rest of the stuff you can't plan ahead on) and getting them installed or DIY install.
Old 12-28-2016
Registered!!

Yea thats what im planning on. I'm pretty good with my hands and have an experienced friend that will walk me through it. Im just wondering when i'm shopping for it what to be looking out for. Since most 96-2000 are 4 cylinder and mines a 6. The person who owned it before me changed it from the original when he totaled it and that's what he could find around. The hood is actually chained down because i hit a deer a few weeks ago as well but some how the only damage it caused is ****ing up the hood latch, thats a bit of a more straightforward fix so im not worried about that. (at least i got to see a flying deer lol) Its winter in wisconsin right now parked outside and i don't feel like crawling through the salty slush to unlock it when i don't have too. When the new latch comes in ill open it and take pics, haha i understand your reaction happens every time i tell someone, its also why i'm rather attached to this car instead of looking for another.
Old 12-28-2016

Sounds like there won't be a damn thing on the normal market that will work since the car never came with any V6, at least the front section would need to be custom made. IDK about the rear sections but I'd assume it's much larger diameter than original.
I'd go to a local exhaust shop and have them bend up a new system.
Old 01-01-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

for ezone's viewing pleasure, a 97 hatch with a J32 shoved in the bay. lol

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...-hatchback-v6/
Old 01-01-2017

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
for ezone's viewing pleasure, a 97 hatch with a J32 shoved in the bay. lol
But I wanted to see what the OP has.
Old 01-01-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Straight six.....