6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

is this a real si? and a steal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dawit Melese is an unknown quantity at this point
is this a real si? and a steal?

Hey, first post on the forum, I apologize if i am posting in an incorrect location.

I recently sold my first car, a lexus is300, because it was extremely costly. I was looking to purchase a less expensive car, so i started looking at civics, and I came across this civic si, 2000.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5188456032.html

it looks fake to me, yet the vin number he sent me a photo of said it was infact a 2000 civic si... i noticed the interior headrests didnt have a hole in them like civic si's are supposed too... what do you guys think? if i buy it ill offer less than 2500..
Old 09-11-2015
Registered!!

Dawit Melese is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: is this a real si? and a steal?

Originally Posted by Dawit Melese
Hey, first post on the forum, I apologize if i am posting in an incorrect location.

I recently sold my first car, a lexus is300, because it was extremely costly. I was looking to purchase a less expensive car, so i started looking at civics, and I came across this civic si, 2000.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5188456032.html

it looks fake to me, yet the vin number he sent me a photo of said it was infact a 2000 civic si... i noticed the interior headrests didnt have a hole in them like civic si's are supposed too... what do you guys think? if i buy it ill offer less than 2500..
tachometer doesnt even go up to 8000 rpm.. how did he pull it off?
Old 09-11-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Probably Canadian SI = US EX

If the engine is a D16y8 then it's Canadian. Also It didn't originally come with the front side reflectors/lights either.
Old 09-11-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

No engine shots but if it has a B series in it then it probably is an Si. If it has a B series I would buy it regardless.

Could be Canadian Ex though. Are the km/h and MPH switched in Canada?
Old 09-11-2015
Registered!!

cukaracha will become famous soon enough

I have a 2000 Si and that doesn't look like one. The rims are definitely not stock, doesn't have "DOHC VTEC" decals on the side, cluster doesn't have "Si" written in red, and as you pointed out, the headrests don't have donut holes in them. "Si" emblem on the trunk lid should be red, not silver. Upholstery pattern does not match mine either.

VIN number is written on several locations on the car. Check that they all match. Also looks like the car has been lowered, but it's lower in the rear than front. Look closely at the mileage readout: 863701. That sure as hell ain't 86k (trust me, I'm an engineer).

TL;DR : Look fake as F**k.

Check this out:

Last edited by cukaracha; 09-11-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2015
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cukaracha
I have a 2000 Si and that doesn't look like one. The rims are definitely not stock, doesn't have "DOHC VTEC" decals on the side, cluster doesn't have "Si" written in red, and as you pointed out, the headrests don't have donut holes in them. "Si" emblem on the trunk lid should be red, not silver. Upholstery pattern does not match mine either.

VIN number is written on several locations on the car. Check that they all match. Also looks like the car has been lowered, but it's lower in the rear than front. Look closely at the mileage readout: 863701. That sure as hell ain't 86k (trust me, I'm an engineer).

TL;DR : Look fake as F**k.

Check this out: What is the difference between a 2000 Honda Civic Si vs. 2000 EX? - YouTube
Basically everything I was gonna say.
Old 09-11-2015

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GolNat
Could be Canadian Ex though. Are the km/h and MPH switched in Canada?
Canadian SI

Probably swapped the cluster to a US one somewhere a long the way... meaning the mileage could be anything. As far as the 860000 comment though... the last digit should be tenths of a mile...right?

Didn't even notice the lowered when I looked at it the first time...but yeah..it is. $2900 is what I would expect to get for my '99 DX right now though
Old 09-11-2015
Registered!!

cukaracha will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Stock 99
As far as the 860000 comment though... the last digit should be tenths of a mile...right?
I wasn't 100% sure, but I checked my car and the last digit isn't a decimal place. Wouldn't make sense for it to be a decimal because the meter wouldn't go beyond 99,999.9mi.

From the looks of it, the cluster is from an EX. Also, the blue doesn't exactly look like Electron Blue to me. Looks like a dull, sad, version of it.
Old 09-11-2015

Originally Posted by cukaracha
Looks like a dull, sad, version of it.
LOL

Yeah I thought the speedo thing didn't seem right either but truth be told I just didn't care enough to look into it. Fact of the matter is the odo in a 6th gen is very easy to mess with... the only thing easier is hot wiring a Ford.