6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Turn signal help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jonwalden68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Turn signal help

I just got this 97 Honda Civic ex first off when I bought it the right side turn signals flashed fast but still blinks so I changed every bulb twice on right side still blinks fast except for when the running lights or head lights are on it slows to below normal. I cleaned the grounds and put grounds straight to frame and battery and didn't change nothing and I doubled checked all bulbs are correct size the flasher is new I put 2 different ones in and the fuse is good any help be great it's driving me crazy
Old 08-26-2015
Registered!!

Re: Turn signal help

Originally Posted by jonwalden68
I just got this 97 Honda Civic ex first off when I bought it the right side turn signals flashed fast but still blinks so I changed every bulb twice on right side still blinks fast except for when the running lights or head lights are on it slows to below normal. I cleaned the grounds and put grounds straight to frame and battery and didn't change nothing and I doubled checked all bulbs are correct size the flasher is new I put 2 different ones in and the fuse is good any help be great it's driving me crazy

Anyone?
Old 08-26-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You're probably missing something that should be easy to SEE in the lights if you really look.

Turn on 4 way flashers, stare at the front and stare at the back of the car.
Compare left to right. What's lighting up just a little different?

Leave the 4 ways on and turn on the rest of the lights.
Now look at the fronts and rears. Where's the difference?

Any side markers supposed to flash? (IDK, just guessing)
Old 08-26-2015
Registered!!

I tried that and can't tell a difference unless something from the driver side could cause the passenger side to flash fast
Old 08-27-2015
Registered!!

Update I put a new flasher in it fixed thr slow flashing with head lights on but still hyper flashes
Old 08-27-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If it flashes fast on one side then that usually means the current draw is not high enough, usually meaning a bulb is out or the wattage of a bulb is not high enough.

To elaborate on post #3: Just lighting up isn't good enough, the bulbs must be the correct brightness at the correct times. If you have the front bulb wired wrong or installed wrong (or wrong bulb altogether), the dim filament could blink with the turn signals and the bright one would come on with the park lights.

If the other side works correctly, try swapping the front park/turn bulbs and sockets.