6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

99-00 Si Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMnoob is an unknown quantity at this point
99-00 Si Pricing?

Hey guys, so recently I've been wanting a relatively cheap car (just a few grand) that's good on gas, at least somewhat enjoyable to drive, with good reliability, and it seems the 6th gen civic is the way to go.

I've been considering the EX (gotta have those power features and sunroof!) but I'm starting to consider the Si for the boost in power.

What is a reasonable price for an Si with say roughly 150k miles and in good condition?

I've been able to find them on CList for roughly 3500-6000 in good condition, with little to no mods.

Thanks in advance, I know this forum is very helpful.
Old 07-20-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 99-00 Si Pricing?

6th gen civic is a great gen.

Price is going to depend on your area and condition/miles on it.

What does KBB say?
Old 07-20-2015
Registered!!

KBB says $3,766 in Excellent condition.

I've found one with 151k miles, adult driven (second owner), garage kept and in good condition for $4500 with no wiggle room.
The only Si's I can find in my state and two surrounding states under 4 grand are practically heaps though.
Old 07-20-2015
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

That one sounds like it would be great.

$4500 is high but that guy knows they are hard to find and the right buyer will pay more for it.

What's it worth to you?
Old 07-20-2015
Registered!!

I honestly have no idea.

I've never owned a Honda or even driven/ridden in one.

I've just done research on the internet that's lead me to a civic, the only reason I really want the Si is for the boost in power.

An extra grand seems like it might be worth it, but then again I've never driven an an Ex or an Si so I don't really know if it's that big of a difference or if it'd truly be worth it.
Old 07-24-2015
Registered!!

Genyc07 is an unknown quantity at this point

The si does give u more power for sure. The dual overhead cam engine will make it feel less like a comuter car and much more fun. 4500$ is a good price on a great condition si with 150k in my opinion. That being said a stock si is not a race car. It is just a nice responsive fun to drive car. I have a 2000 civic ex 5speed and I love it. I would recommend these cars to anyone. Mine is solid, no rattles, only had minor repairs over the past two years. Ac compresser brakes belts tires. So I can't complain. Let us know what u end up doing and welcome!
Old 07-24-2015
Registered!!

Yeah I'm not expecting it to beat anyone on the streets. I actually bought a 95 Mustang GT for that reason. Though I've come to realize that being in college and working I don't have the time or resources to really make it what I want it to be, and also that since I work and attend classes about 25 mi from where I live 18cmb mpg just isn't enough hahaha. Though I will miss that torque and rwd! Not to mention that lions roar when I hit the throttle ^_^.

With all that said, I think I'll try to find an Si, the one I mentioned above already sold, but I think I'd be much more satisfied getting an Si just because I feel like i'd enjoy driving it more than an EX. However i've heard the Si's get only like 22mpg city and like 30 hwy.

Last edited by JDMnoob; 07-24-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-25-2015
Registered!!

You may want to expand your search to 99-2000 b swapped models. B refers to the dual overhead cam engaging found in si civics as well as integras. I have found the b swaps to be a little easier to find and depending on which b engine you have you may make more horsepower. Just a thought.
Old 07-27-2015
Registered!!

Which B models are you referring to? Also, i don't know if you've ever driven a mustang or anything similar with a 5 speed tranny but if you have how would you say the civic shifts and clutches in comparison? If that makes any sense.
Old 07-28-2015
Registered!!

http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/5129129249.html

Found this, trying to talk him down hopefully as close to 5 as I can.
Old 07-28-2015
Prelude Owner

That looks like a good find

Take for a test drive, look under the car where it's parked for oil spots. Check for clutch slipping.
Old 08-02-2015
Registered!!

Looks clean. Did the si come factory with no spoiler or was his trunk redone? I saw some gauges near the shifter what are those? Anyway looks clean.

With regards to mustangs I had an 89 get blown with a tremec 5/6 and the trans felt similar. Was I can tell you regarding the clutches on these civics is they feel pretty light. They are primarily self adjusting and the high they engage the closer they are to needing replacement. I haven't done a clutch yet just going from what I read on here.