6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Manifold Cat bolt size

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rubicon789 is an unknown quantity at this point
Manifold Cat bolt size

All,

I am new to the forum and hoping to get some help.

I have a 1998 Honda Civic LX and just purchased a complete exhaust including the CAT. I am all hooked up with the exception of the CAT to the Down Pipe.
Walker did not supply any nuts to fit the three bolts here:

Does anyone have any guidance? I have been to the auto store twice today with no luck on finding the correct size nut
Old 04-06-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manifold Cat bolt size

Originally Posted by rubicon789
Does anyone have any guidance? I have been to the auto store twice today with no luck on finding the correct size nut
Welcome.

My advice would have been to take the cat with you, carry it into the store, and see what fits.

Factory studs were (probably) 10 x 1.25.
Aftermarket might not use the same hardware as original, so carry it in and match up what you need.

Many parts store bins only have 1.5 thread pitch, unless they spent some extra money or cater to Asian brand cars.

If that cat isn't the CARB/California approved version, it may not last very long before setting a P0420 code.