Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vishmastaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Check Engine Light

hi guys, i have this problem with my Honda Civic 2000 Model, EK3. After i drive for approx. 10km the check engine light would turn ON. If i switch off the ignition, and restart, the check engine light would go to OFF, for the rest of my journey, it doesnt matter what the remaining distance may be. when my check engine light is ON, the idle drops a little, and is not as smooth as when it is OFF.
Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what this may be?

Vish.
Old 04-12-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: Check Engine Light

Check to see what the stored code is..

when was the last time you did a tune up, or change your air filter?

Could be a number of things..

how is your Gas mileage? does the car run good in general?
Old 04-12-2013
Registered!!

vishmastaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gunner
Check to see what the stored code is..

when was the last time you did a tune up, or change your air filter?

Could be a number of things..

how is your Gas mileage? does the car run good in general?
Ok, i will check this, but i change filters,oil,spark plugs very often, like every three months, sometimes i think i am throwing away ok stuff... but i do this in order to maintain a clean air/fuel/ignition system. Coolant is also changed every three months.
Old 04-12-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Yeah the code would help the most, but it could be a lot of different things, could be and is most likely something minor..
Old 04-12-2013
Registered!!

palsana is an unknown quantity at this point

i have had a long long history of about 2 years where i have worked on getting everything done on my check engine light from o2 sensors to transmissions to spark plugs and vaccum leak and i have never been able to get rid of that check engine light for some reason.
I take the battery terminals off and put it back on after doing the said repairs and it always always shows something or the other on check engine light. Its annoying light i have on my dashboard that never just goes away.
Now i have codes for all cylinder misfirings when i just had all of them installed with new spark plugs not too long ago.
sick & tired of ANNOYING ENGINE LIGHT?// AND THE ads by midas, meineke Honda dealerships & Pepboys, DangerZone & advanceAuto Oreilly & the likes advertising free check engine light readings.

Will this check engine light ever go away for me? i wonder?
Old 04-12-2013
Lord Sin

Lordsin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it will go away. If you find what code it is then you can most definitely fix it. It's not that hard if you are spending money out the *** in the parts canon just go and buy yourself a good Obd2 code reader and find out. I bought mine for 200 off cornwell. Walmart sells a crappy one for 100 and the auto parts sells the same one for about 130. Sears sells a better one for 150.
Old 09-06-2013
Registered!!

UNKNOWN414 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lordsin
Yes, it will go away. If you find what code it is then you can most definitely fix it. It's not that hard if you are spending money out the *** in the parts canon just go and buy yourself a good Obd2 code reader and find out. I bought mine for 200 off cornwell. Walmart sells a crappy one for 100 and the auto parts sells the same one for about 130. Sears sells a better one for 150.
I found one online that works with android phones, the Torque app that you use with the thing is pretty awesome- they have a free version of the app and the full one is only like $5.00- The reader I tried was $23.99 and it worked awesome isn't as bulky as some other ones I got it from: http://www.bafxpro.com/pic18f2480-bl...r-for-android/
Old 10-08-2013
Registered!!

richiebek9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am stumped! I have a 98 civic ek hatch still with the stock non vtec d16 manual 165k on the clock. I'm trying to keep it going until my new motor is finished. My cel light is on an blinking. I have done a full tune up plugs wires distruputor cap an rotor an adjusted the valves. I am still having a misfire in #1 an #3 cylinders. Compression is good across the board. Icv egr??? Can someone help?? Please an thank you
Old 10-21-2013
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richiebek9
I am stumped! I have a 98 civic ek hatch still with the stock non vtec d16 manual 165k on the clock. I'm trying to keep it going until my new motor is finished. My cel light is on an blinking. I have done a full tune up plugs wires distruputor cap an rotor an adjusted the valves. I am still having a misfire in #1 an #3 cylinders. Compression is good across the board. Icv egr??? Can someone help?? Please an thank you

camshaft position sensor, or crankshaft position sensor, should be throwing a code for it though. is the car running fine or does it run on 2 out of 4 cylinders?