6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Wire boot stuck in spark plug well!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Akajasonbourne is an unknown quantity at this point
Wire boot stuck in spark plug well!

Ok, I looked and could not find this covered elsewhere. If it has been, please refer me to that thread. Thanks

I have a 98 civic that I was doing some basic maintenance on (plugs, wires, rotor, etc.). I got to the 2 right spark plug wires and the top and the wire itself came right off leaving the boot and plastic shaft in the plug well. After 10 minutes of wrestling with the shaft, I managed to get it out only to realize the rubber boot that actually goes around the spark plug was still in there. I can't get it out! I don't have anything that small to grab it, plus it's REALLY ON THERE. I don't know what I could use to get in there with such a limited amount of space. At first I thought, I'll just take the valve cover off, but after further inspection, that still won't get me any closer. My friend suggested trying to cut it off enough to get the spark plug out. I'm not certain how I can accomplish this but I feel like it's the only option. At this point, I'm just clueless on how to get it out...

Any thoughts and suggestions would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Akajasonbourne; 02-05-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-05-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wire boot stuck in spark plug well!

Happens to me periodically. Just take the spark plug socket (on an extension, of course), put it in that spark plug tube, and pull it out at a bit of an angle in hopes that it'll grab the boot.