6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Which exhaust do YOU recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012
nub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sameer71992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Which exhaust do YOU recommend?

Please note that I am out of adderall so if you feel that my level of knowledge is inferior and that I am rambling, then f*ck you

I'm sure there's a million and one threads about exhausts. But, I don't have time to read each one. So, like many others, I start a new thread about the same topic.

I ask, which exhaust do you recommend?
and you say, well it depends on what you want, your price range, etc.
Then I tell you that I don't want to cheap out, but I also don't want to spend $1000 on a deep, rumbling sound. I want quality sound. Not expensive sound. Go figure, who doesn't? I'm really looking into a magnaflow. The purr is unique. But it's also almost $600. Would a magnaflow muffler sound as good as the whole catback?

Also, "catback" means from the catalytic converter, back. That's what everyone says, but no one ever answers me when I ask, does it remove the cat? or are catbacks built to accommodate the stock cat?

So, in conclusion, I want a nice sound, but the less expensive, the better. I will dig up some money from between the couch cushions if need be. I would have loved a magnaflow exhaust for Christmas, but instead I got money that I mostly spent on my student loans. The rest went to gas, food, and my brazzers subscription renewal. Let me know what you guys can dig up.
Old 12-27-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which exhaust do YOU recommend?

Brazzers subscription, nice.

Lol
Another option would be to get a Magnaflow universal muffler, and have an exhaust shop weld it on.
That way, you can keep the kitty, and it'd be somewhat cheaper.
Old 12-27-2012
nub

sameer71992 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought they had magnaflow mufflers that bolted on?
Old 12-29-2012
Former Sponsor

go-part is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sameer71992
Please note that I am out of adderall so if you feel that my level of knowledge is inferior and that I am rambling, then f*ck you

I'm sure there's a million and one threads about exhausts. But, I don't have time to read each one. So, like many others, I start a new thread about the same topic.

I ask, which exhaust do you recommend?
and you say, well it depends on what you want, your price range, etc.
Then I tell you that I don't want to cheap out, but I also don't want to spend $1000 on a deep, rumbling sound. I want quality sound. Not expensive sound. Go figure, who doesn't? I'm really looking into a magnaflow. The purr is unique. But it's also almost $600. Would a magnaflow muffler sound as good as the whole catback?

Also, "catback" means from the catalytic converter, back. That's what everyone says, but no one ever answers me when I ask, does it remove the cat? or are catbacks built to accommodate the stock cat?

So, in conclusion, I want a nice sound, but the less expensive, the better. I will dig up some money from between the couch cushions if need be. I would have loved a magnaflow exhaust for Christmas, but instead I got money that I mostly spent on my student loans. The rest went to gas, food, and my brazzers subscription renewal. Let me know what you guys can dig up.
Cat back exhausts contain a new catalytic converter and the piping the connects to the muffler, plus it includes the muffler too.
Old 01-01-2013
Registered!!

dnice78 is an unknown quantity at this point

^That is literally false information. Wow, um any way. The term cat back refers to what is behind the catalytic converter and on to the muffler. *end rant

Now what you could do (and I have PERSONALLY done this and had success) is get a universal magnaflow muffler welded on by a muffler shop. Best way to do it cheap hands down, maybe even go to your local import motorsport shop and see if anyone has a used muffler hanging around the brackets can easily be welded so it will fit your car. (I got mine from an Accord and made it work $20)

As far as the catalytic converter goes, buy a test pipe (unless you live in a smog state if you do don't touch the cat) these can be found on ebay for around $60.

Okay onto the test pipe, out 6th gen civics started production in 1996 the same year it was mandatory for automobiles to have an OBDII computer system (smarter) what this means is that instalation of a test pipe will throw a CEL (Check Engine Light). Easiest fix on the planet! All you have to do is buy a home made antifouler (I'll provide a link) and screw that into where your O2 sensor would go then screw O2 sensor into antifouler. You're now good to go!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=spark+plug+fouler
Old 01-01-2013
Registered!!

Here is a DIY
http://clubsciontc.com/forums/diy-in...scratch-35021/
Old 01-01-2013
Registered!!

Forgot to mention if you want a deep tone and not raspy get a test pipe with a resonator in it which is basically just a little extra mesh screening on the side. (doesn't restrict flow)
Old 01-01-2013
Former Sponsor

go-part is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dnice78
^That is literally false information. Wow, um any way. The term cat back refers to what is behind the catalytic converter and on to the muffler. *end rant

Now what you could do (and I have PERSONALLY done this and had success) is get a universal magnaflow muffler welded on by a muffler shop. Best way to do it cheap hands down, maybe even go to your local import motorsport shop and see if anyone has a used muffler hanging around the brackets can easily be welded so it will fit your car. (I got mine from an Accord and made it work $20)

As far as the catalytic converter goes, buy a test pipe (unless you live in a smog state if you do don't touch the cat) these can be found on ebay for around $60.

Okay onto the test pipe, out 6th gen civics started production in 1996 the same year it was mandatory for automobiles to have an OBDII computer system (smarter) what this means is that instalation of a test pipe will throw a CEL (Check Engine Light). Easiest fix on the planet! All you have to do is buy a home made antifouler (I'll provide a link) and screw that into where your O2 sensor would go then screw O2 sensor into antifouler. You're now good to go!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=spark+plug+fouler
Ah but on the contrary it isnt.

Yes your common cat back comes with the piping from the cat down to the muffler and the muffler too. Then their are some packages that come with a new cat.
Old 01-01-2013
Registered!!

Post a link of one you sell on your site?