6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

New To civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fosterjon35 is an unknown quantity at this point
New To civic

Just bought my first Honda, got me a 2000 Si, it came with a magnoFlow Exhaust thats way to loud. Im Looking for everyones opinions on what i should do to my car first, i really wanna get a quite Exhaust. so throw some ideas out to me. also any thing in particular i should do to my car first , simple stuff plz. as i am new to cars and learning slowly. thanks
Old 03-29-2012
Naturally Aspirated

513EM1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New To civic

Doesnt your car have a short ram intake already?

Last edited by 513EM1; 03-29-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-29-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Search up the exhaust on google and see if it originally came with a silencer. It could be as easy as getting a silencer for it. If that does not work Apexi makes some great quiet exhausts for your car. First mod should be a drop, second should be a nice set of rims. Nothing to flashy, nice and clean. Tint the windows!? let your imagination run wild.
Old 03-29-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

I'm new to the whole modding game so we can blow our wallets together XD

Like has been said, search to see if there is a silencer available for your exhaust system, otherwise just dump it for an Apexi, HKS, or Yonaka. My budget ebay exhaust isn't too loud either.

As for upgrades, start slow!
-Detail your car. Clean, clean clean! Fix any dents and scratches as best you can!
-Pretty it up! Garnish your ride with any personalization gimmicks, like stickers or custom license tags. Whatever your taste is.
-Slam it! Drop the car on some rims of your style preference. I have neglected to complete this step because my parents are not allowing me to drop my car, lol Remember to buy new shocks/dampers if you get lowering coils.
-If you don't already have one, get a cool air intake. AEM makes a nice one for a good price. It's a slight horsepower gain and should also quiet your exhaust notes a bit. It's my favorite upgrade to my EM2 thusfar!
-Paint your valve/rocker cover! The plastic or aluminum cover on top of you engine block should look colorful and attractive. It's a good way of fooling the average person into thinking you've got a suped-up engine. You could spray it traditional JDM red, or you can get creative and use it as a canvas for your artistic endeavors!
-Tint the windows if you haven't. Just check with your state/province laws to make sure they aren't too dark.

Those are some simple things to get you going. Luckily, everyone is nice here on the forum and you don't have to worry about people hating on your ride
Just as long as you don't do obviously stupid things to it, for example...

Have fun with it! And don't regret your purchases! Every dollar spent is a ounce more of passion for car lovers.
You'll quickly learn a lot about your car and gain experience working on it!
Old 03-29-2012
Registered!!

thanks man appreciate it
Old 03-30-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Is that your car? That's badass.
Old 03-30-2012
Registered!!

Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmp...throw some ideas peoples!