6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

1999 Honda Civic EX Painted trim -.-

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobertArm22 is an unknown quantity at this point
1999 Honda Civic EX Painted trim -.-

I bought a cheap honda civic EX with a b16a2 swap in it but the dude painted everything inside black basically I like the black but can't find the panel anywhere need sites All I can find is the doors and now the paints looking bad so I just wanna switch out the panel

Last edited by RobertArm22; 12-26-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added More
Old 12-27-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: 1999 Honda Civic EX Painted trim -.-

Sand it and repaint it an option? You can check online junkyards or local junkyards they usually have stuff like that.. You can google honda parts and pick almost any of those sites to order OEM parts from also..
Old 12-27-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gunner
Sand it and repaint it an option? You can check online junkyards or local junkyards they usually have stuff like that.. You can google honda parts and pick almost any of those sites to order OEM parts from also..
I'm talking about interior not exterior and OEM doesn't make rare BLACK panel Interior JDM only does and why would I go through all that trouble to rib out my Dash and all the panel just to repaint it and do it over again 5 months down the line....
Old 12-27-2011
Registered!!

And I don't know where you are from but everyone who works at the junk yards are hooked up with Asians so if anything comes in that's worth getting it gets yanked b4 it even touches the yard....
Old 12-28-2011

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

It was simply a suggestion..thats what you asked for..I dont know where your from but you can use online junkyards as well. No matter what you are going to have to put effort into changing the dash..repainting it the "RIGHT" way was just an option..otherwise you will have to buy a regular color..get a dashboard cover or skin..shyt maybe even just get a carbon fiber sheet for it..I dont know of any sites that sell Black dashboards for your year car..
Old 12-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gunner
It was simply a suggestion..thats what you asked for..I dont know where your from but you can use online junkyards as well. No matter what you are going to have to put effort into changing the dash..repainting it the "RIGHT" way was just an option..otherwise you will have to buy a regular color..get a dashboard cover or skin..shyt maybe even just get a carbon fiber sheet for it..I dont know of any sites that sell Black dashboards for your year car..
Alright my bad if I came off rude... I reply to you in the mornings right when I wake up I am a ******* in the morning my bad lol. If I go to a body shop would a body shop actually be interested in painting interior panel I'm sure money is money right? I hate doing anything to do with interior. I'll do exterior work but I always end up breaking plastic clips lmao. I should prolly just start calling up and asking them these questions huh, lol.
Old 12-28-2011

Local shops might do it for you...also there are interior shops, not sure if in your area or not but a lot of places that do custom auto work do the interior..and the sanding part was for the interior as well..you have to use a fine grit like 1000 or so to get a smooth finish on it and make sure it sticks, prime it and paint it..all the shop is going to do really..they also make paint specific for plastic..The clips you can buy at hardware stores too for like 20cents..They annoy the hell out of me too..If you look at my garage i painted some plastic pieces...i sanded and painted..although i took a short cut and didnt prime..which i will redo when i change the color back to stock..LOl..