6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Old Guy with a '99 Si

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011
OEM Old Fart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99SiOldGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Old Guy with a '99 Si

So I was filling up the gas tank yesterday, and this kid pulls up in a blue WRX STi. We're checking out each other's cars, and he says "What's an old guy like you doing with a car like that?" Kinda hurt my feelings, (sniff, sniff). I lurk a lot of different auto forums, but I don't post much. Thought it's about time to show off my old Civic, since it seems they are getting kinda rare. It's a 1999 Si with 25,700 original miles. EBP, totally original in and out. Never been modded, never raced, never abused. My father was the original owner - I bought it from him in 2002. It's been garaged every night of it's life. It still rolls on the 4 original showroom tires (yes, there's still some tread left). Still starts every time on the original battery. The interior is perfect - it has had factory floor mats from day one, and only the driver's mat shows any wear. Never been smoked in, never any pets in the car, the back seat has never been sat in (except when I clean the inside of the back windows). Every single item on the car works perfectly, just as when brand new. A/C blows ice cold on original factory freon charge. Spare tire has never been used. Trunk is spotless. My father installed a K&N air filter in place of the stock filter - other than that the engine is totally original. Runs perfect - spins smoothly up to the redline, and has a WONDERFUL snarl when the VTEC kicks in! Transmission shifts perfectly, clutch is just like new - no strange noises anywhere on the car. Original 4-wheel disc brakes are in showroom condition. Paint has a few small rock chips, one small parking lot door ding from some A**Hole, 2 small paint chips on the back bumper, but still shines like new. All the glass is original and perfect. Exhaust and suspension are factory stock and work just like new. Stock wheels have a couple scuffs in the clear coat, but look like new. The car has never been to a dealer because nothing has ever needed fixing. I get the oil changed regularly based on time, not mileage. The car is basically a weekend pleasure ride, and gets regular exercise. What else can I say - it's as close to a brand new 1999 Si as you're every likely to encounter. Here's a few pics - I'll get some better ones out in the sun when I get around to it. Any questions feel free to ask. Chuck Avery.

Last edited by 99SiOldGuy; 02-03-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: correct a typo
Old 01-29-2011
Registered!!

sonyslave is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Old Guy with a '99 Si

Wow looks great!

I sold my '00 Si 2 months ago, I'm the original owner and I thought it was the lowest mileage 6th Gen(?) at 39K, yours however is the winnner!

Amazing that you original battery is still holding up.

Yep they are well made cars, everything on my 00 worked perfectly. Windows rolled up and down a bit slow but I think that's a known problem -window hardware needed lubing.
Old 01-29-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Wow!

Very Very Nice.
Old 01-30-2011
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point

one word - BEAUTIFUL! were i am from people would kill for this car in this shape with those miles ! and so clean, oh the things i would do for this car . . . aha but never the less looks good and keep it around ! as these cars eventually will be the "muscle" "vintage" cars of today, its defiantly a looker !
Old 01-30-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

I gotta say this is the best looking EM1 SI I've ever seen.Hands down.
Old 01-30-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

keep the car as clean as it is. less than 26k miles?!?
totally stock?!?
Maaan! I was surprised when i saw a totally stock CRX in the GRM magazine, but yours is even better!
And i am 39 y-old and i have a (ricey headlight, lowered civic, so you good on that! ) Greeat car!
Old 01-30-2011
Registered!!

Steven21 is an unknown quantity at this point

My god this is a beautiful car. I get many compliments on mine on how good of shape its in and generally unmolested but its a piece of sh*t compared to this lol (never thought id say that about my car) keep it inside and away from the snow!! oh and id take the those rubber things off the inside of the rear fenders to make sure it never gets even the slightest spot of rust on it
Old 01-30-2011
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point

YES as steven21 said REMOVE those rubber things as they like to hold water and make your wheel well rot !!!
Old 01-31-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Damn man, thats a really nice car. Why dont you drive very much?
Old 01-31-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by marek91
YES as steven21 said REMOVE those rubber things as they like to hold water and make your wheel well rot !!!
Really? Guess I'll be taking those off tonight. Lol. Very beautiful EM1. Take care of her and she'll give you years of driving bliss .
Old 01-31-2011
OEM Old Fart

Thanks for all the nice comments. No worries about rust where I live (in the West Texas desert). We don't get much rain, and our winters are very mild - it hardly ever snows. The very low miles on this car are due to a unique set of circumstances. When my father bought the car new in 1999, his health was not good, and he wasn't driving much. He finally had to give up driving the Si due to eye problems, and when I was kind enough to "take it off his hands" in 2002 (for $10,000) it only had 4000 miles on it. I used it as a 2nd (or sometimes 3rd) car from 2002 until I retired in 2008. I drove it to work regularly, but only on nice days. I always had a least one other car to drive in bad weather, and also a motorcycle to ride in good weather, so the Si didn't get a lot of use. Since I retired, I have had to split my available driving time between the Si, a 1970 Buick Skylark, and a 2003 Suzuki VS1400 (my other toys). The Honda does get regular exercise, but not very many miles, and is always kept in the garage between outings. I'm trying to add some better pics in my "photo album" on this forum, but it is going very slow because I only have a dial-up connection (I live out in the sticks). Photo below of the Si's garage mates:

Last edited by 99SiOldGuy; 02-02-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Added photo.
Old 01-31-2011
Registered!!

Steven21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 99SiOldGuy
Thanks for all the nice comments. No worries about rust where I live (in the West Texas desert). We don't get much rain, and our winters are very mild - it hardly ever snows. The very low miles on this car are due to a unique set of circumstances. When my father bought the car new in 1999, his health was not good, and he wasn't driving much. He finally had to give up driving the Si due to eye problems, and when I was kind enough to "take it off his hands" in 2002 (for $10,000) it only had 4000 miles on it. I used it as a 2nd (or sometimes 3rd) car from 2002 until I retired in 2009. I would drive it to work occasionally, but only on nice days. I always had a least one other car to drive in bad weather, and also a motorcycle for good weather, so the Si didn't get a lot of use. Since I retired, I have had to split my driving time between the Si and a nice old 1970 Buick Skylark, and a 2003 Suzuki VS1400 (my other toys). The Honda does get regular exercise, but not many miles, and is always kept in the garage between outings. I'm trying to add some better pics in my "photo album" on this forum, but it is going very slow because I only have a dial-up connection (I live out in the sticks).

Any chance your looking to sell it?
Old 01-31-2011
OEM Old Fart

Steven21,

Yes, I am thinking about selling the Si. As you may have guessed, this is one of the reasons I decided to post the photos on this forum. I mentioned above that I also have a 1970 Buick Skylark, which I have owned since 1994. I used to drive the Honda way more than the Buick, but as I get older the big car just seems to be more compatible with my lifestyle and personality. I don't know...perhaps the little Si is more of a young man's car? Whatever the reason, these days the Buick gets most of my money, time and attention - the poor Honda just sits in the garage and gathers dust. So yes, I might consider selling the Si to someone who would treat it with respect, and hopefully get more use out of it than I do. If anyone is curious about my Skylark, here is a link to my "Garage" entry over at V8Buick.com:

http://www.v8buick.com/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=13552

Also, I have posted some more photos of the Si in the "Photo Gallery" section of this forum (link below). I hope these do a better job of showing the outstanding condition of the car. (Sorry about the drab background - everything is dry and brown in West Texas this time of year)

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/m...y-s-99-si.html

Last edited by 99SiOldGuy; 02-02-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added link.
Old 02-01-2011
Registered!!

Newfiedan is a jewel in the roughNewfiedan is a jewel in the roughNewfiedan is a jewel in the rough

That is one beauty of a skylark, I love the older cars and muscle cars, my uncle had a monte carlo that was really sweet until it rusted out in NL (my home is an island far east coast of canada where rust is real problem) Part of the reason I like living in saskatchewan is that there are many solid body old cars here that I get to see every summer driving around, a client of mine has a 68 pontiac lemans that has the big block in it, beauty of a car I put the deck, speakers and sub in that to round out the system giving him that nice full home theater quality sound without to much thump. It was probably one of my favourite cars to work on. My dream one day is to restore an old muscle car with my son who is now 2 lol, and then on his graduation day if he is responsible enough give it to him as a graduation present.
Old 02-01-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 99SiOldGuy
Steven21,

Yes, I am thinking about selling the Si. As you may have guessed, this is one of the reasons I decided to post the photos on this forum. I mentioned above that I also have a 1970 Buick Skylark, which I have owned since 1994. I used to drive the Honda way more than the Buick, but as I get older the big car just seems to be more compatible with my lifestyle and personality. I don't know...perhaps the little Si is more of a young man's car? Whatever the reason, these days the Buick gets most of my money, time and attention - the poor Honda just sits in the garage and gathers dust. So yes, I might consider selling the Si to someone who would treat it with respect, and hopefully get more use out of it than I do. If anyone is curious about my Skylark, here is a link to my "Garage" entry over at V8Buick.com:

http://www.v8buick.com/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=13552

Also, I have posted some more photos of the Si in the "Photo Gallery" section of this forum. I hope they do a better job of showing the outstanding condition of the car. Sorry about the drab background - everything is dry and brown in West Texas this time of year.
Damn. That Buick is gorgeous. They don't make em like that anymore. If you decide to sell the Si, best of luck. They're a dime a dozen and you can fetch a pretty penny for one, especially for that well kept ride .
Old 02-01-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

If you were to sell it. Whats the price range your looking at? That is one gorgeous car by the way. My favourite year for civics.
Old 02-01-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

please, please choose well to who you sell that marvelous piece of art!
Old 02-01-2011
OEM Old Fart

Tbohar,

First of all, you must understand that I'm not in any rush to sell this car. I just started to seriously consider the possibility this past weekend, when I posted the pics on this forum. Part of my reason for putting up the photos was to "test the waters" - I wanted to get a feel for what interest, if any, there might be out there for a car like this. We don't seem to have a very active "Import Tuner Car" community in this area - most of the kids around here drive pickup trucks. Even so, I believe my first step in trying to sell the car should be to advertise it locally in the "Thrifty Nickel", which is the primary used car sales tool in our city. Finding a local buyer is always preferable to trying to work with someone cross country. I am going to wait until the weather warms up a bit, then I plan to post a local photo ad with the asking price of $10,000. Yes, I know, I may be crazy to think anyone would pay that much for a '99 Civic. However, I strongly believe the exceptional showroom condition of the car, plus the relative rarity and nearly universal popularity of this particular model, might induce the right person to part with that much cash. I live smack in the middle of the booming West Texas oilfields, and there are a lot of people around here (myself included) who either work, or used to work, in the oil industry. Oilfield workers are legendary for having more money than good sense, and they love to buy nice toys of all types. With luck, I may find a potential local buyer within this spendthrift group. Besides, the worst that can happen is I don't get any bites on the ad, and I have to keep the car...a result I can easily live with.
Old 02-01-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

e-mail honda tuning magazine? maybe they know someone that might be mightly interested?uuugh... in that mint condition...10k... I would almost be biting that...
Old 02-01-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ha i would pay $10k for it if i had the money. you just gotta find someone really into that model. its very hard to grab a 99-00 si in that condition. and that color.
Old 02-01-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd buy it if i needed a car... unfortunatly where i am in my life right now that kind of investment isnt in my near future you can get 10k.. hell id post it for 12
Old 02-02-2011
OEM Old Fart

I have posted some more pics of my car in the "Photo Gallery" (link below).

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/m...y-s-99-si.html

I also added some more pics to my "Garage" album. (Click the link above the red "Si" logo, under my sig) Here's one of the new pics:

Last edited by 99SiOldGuy; 02-02-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added link.
Old 02-02-2011
Registered!!

brobo will become famous soon enoughbrobo will become famous soon enough

crazy car dude i wish i had bought a new si back in 99
Old 02-02-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

when i bought my car back in 02, there was a really nice blue si at the dealer too but it was only $2k cheaper than a brand new civic so it didnt feel worth it to get a used car for almost new price. now i wish i wouldve bought it.
Old 02-02-2011
Registered!!

canadiankid is an unknown quantity at this point

that car is so nice, it is beautiful. When i get older i want to buy a civic si new and only drive it on the weekends in the summer. That way when it is 10 or 15 years old it looks as nice as yours.
Old 02-02-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

im sure you'd get multiple offers for 10k if you advertise properly. i'd also go for around 12k as mentioned earlier
Old 02-02-2011
OEM Old Fart

I appreciate all the compliments on my Si, and especially the helpful advice concerning a possible asking price if, and when, I actually publish a "For Sale" ad. This is exactly the kind of feedback I hoped to gain from posting on this forum. I realize most of the long-time members of this group are much more knowledgeable than I concerning the true market value of these cars. Let's face it - the "Blue Book" is pretty worthless at putting a realistic value on any low production, high performance, special interest type of car. I am happy to hear any comments, good or bad, about my car or how it should be valued in the marketplace.
Old 02-02-2011
Trance Addict

I think the KBB and all that other crap is just for dealers. As you can see, that car has a soft spot in just about all our hearts. There's a reason why that guy asked why you were driving it. Some people just don't know what they have. Hell, there's a 90 year old lady around here driving an Integra Type R! My best advice, is to not let anyone try to get over on you, which should be pretty darn tough now that you know what you have.
Old 02-02-2011
Registered!!

remmick69 will become famous soon enough

I would buy this car in a heart beat if you serious about the price. This would be a garged kept car and a weekender and NEVER see rain. I just bought an 07 S2000 with 30k on the clock.. Came outta Cali, and it was BONE stock FLAWLESS! If your serious ill get in touch with you.

Name:  s2khdrlight.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  56.4 KB
Name:  s2khdr4.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  57.8 KB
Name:  s2khdrnight2-2.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  83.1 KB
Old 02-02-2011
OEM Old Fart

Remmick69,

That's a good looking S2000 - hardly ever see those around here. The more positive response I get on this forum, the more serious I get about selling my Si. Like I said above, a local deal would be my first choice, but at least you live in the same state! I sold a motorcycle a couple years ago to a guy in Michigan - he had a transport truck pick it up here and haul it cross country back to his place. Worked out great for both of us, so I know it can be done. I would rather conduct business in private, not on a public forum. I'll send you a PM with my personal email address, and we can talk.

Quick Reply: Old Guy with a '99 Si