6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Old Guy with a '99 Si

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Old Guy with a '99 Si

when i was in high school 10 years ago i wished that i owned one
my parents wouldnt even trust me with a manual car. at that time the civic si was still new, i gota do alot of work in order to restore mines, but seing yours this new man
one lucky guy and living his life and able to enjoy things like this, i give props to you

Last edited by asianboy781; 02-11-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-11-2011
Registered!!

asianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MelJ
Really? Guess I'll be taking those off tonight. Lol. Very beautiful EM1. Take care of her and she'll give you years of driving bliss .
i was going to put mines back but since you said it
ima leave it off lol
thanks for the lookout
Old 02-26-2011
Registered!!

SubieSTI555 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice car!!!
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

Mavrick272 is an unknown quantity at this point

Beautiful!
Old 10-24-2011
OEM Old Fart

99SiOldGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have added a few new photos and some new info to my SmugMug photo page. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://cja.smugmug.com/

Thanks for looking!
Old 10-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

You're selling her!!!

If only you lived closer, I'd buy it tonight.
Old 10-24-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

It pains me to see this for sale... only because of the possible idiots that could buy it. A car this mint deserves a proper owner like the previous two...i'd literally want to interview buyers to make sure it'd be in a garage, etc lol.
Old 10-25-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would be too scared of it getting stolen. good luck on the sale, it should go fast.
Old 10-25-2011
OEM Old Fart

Yes, I'll be sorry to see this beautiful Si leave our family, but my priorities have changed, and I need the garage space for my '70 Skylark. I hope the car will go to another "good home" and a kind owner who will treat it well. I'm posting a "For Sale" ad in the local Thrifty Nickel this week - finding a local buyer would make things a lot simpler...
Old 10-25-2011
OEM Old Fart

There's a good article at the Edmunds site. Compares the '99 Si to the '12 Si. Lots of nice things to say about the older model, plus a video. Check it out:

http://www.insideline.com/honda/civi...-civic-si.html
Old 10-27-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

Wow great video!! I'm certainly bookmarking that. So true about what he said about the 99' Si being an honest car and the "energy coming through the steering wheel" concept. Plus what's funny is after 12 years, it's hardly better than the 99 as far as numbers are concerned. I'll stick to my 6th gen thank you very much! If I had the money I'd catch the next plane to Texas. I'd even bring a shiny suitcase and wear shady sunglasses.
Old 10-27-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Zef, there's another vid, I think on Edmunds, that compares the ITR with a newer Civic Si. I laughed at it pretty hard. Especially when they compared the A pillars.
Edit:found it
http://www.insideline.com/features/1...-civic-si.html

Last edited by MelJ; 10-27-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-29-2011
OEM Old Fart

MelJ:

Thanks for another good link (Integra Type R). I really like the look of the white paint job - guess I'm showing my age cuz I also like the white body-color wheels. I love my EBP Si, but I always thought if something bad happened to it and I had to get it repainted, I would have it done all white. With the "DOHC VTEC" logo hand painted in bright red, and color matched white wheels. Fortunately, it never became necessary. The decade old Honda products just have so much more "character" than the new stuff - for me it's no contest, regardless of price.
Old 11-05-2011
OEM Old Fart

Well, I sold the Si today. My local ad in the Thrifty Nickel paid off. The first people who actually bothered to come out to my house (I live out in the sticks) to look at the car bought it. A college professor and his teenage son. (I assume the kid will get the car). They seem like nice people, so I hope they will treat the car well. They agreed to pay my asking price of $10,000, but wanted me to put fresh tires on the car. I said "How about $9,500, and you can put the tires on yourself. That way you get to choose the brand, etc." They said OK and the deal was done. Paid by direct wire transfer from their bank to mine, so a nice quick and safe transaction. I will surely miss the little Si, but my old Skylark will really appreciate getting to take over the empty garage slot, especially now that Winter is almost here. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know it was off the market. Thanks for all the kind comments about the car. Chuck A.
Old 11-05-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats one lucky kid lol hope he takes care of it. my parents bought me a pos 87 jetta with broken everything lol. it was in the shop more than i can remember.
Old 11-06-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

farewell, great Si.
we happy for you getting it for very close to asking price, sad to see it going...
very glad you shared with us that such exemplars are still around :P
Old 11-11-2011
Registered!!

deuxxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow indeed they are becoming rare. Specially the color!
Old 11-18-2011
Registered!!

lowNslow213 is an unknown quantity at this point

To bad its not slammed on coils overs, with some 17" XXR's, and swapped with a b18c1 turboed. Seen a car like that, pretty bad ***

~Slammed Society~
Old 11-20-2011
Registered!!

Scott96EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lowNslow213
To bad its not slammed on coils overs, with some 17" XXR's, and swapped with a b18c1 turboed. Seen a car like that, pretty bad ***

~Slammed Society~
......are you serious?

you dont take such a pristine *** car like his and "slam" it and motor swap it and throw rims on it. his car you simply leave as is or possibley even put in a car museum for how pristine it is.

damn ricer!
Old 11-20-2011
Registered!!

Scott96EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 99SiOldGuy
Well, I sold the Si today. My local ad in the Thrifty Nickel paid off. The first people who actually bothered to come out to my house (I live out in the sticks) to look at the car bought it. A college professor and his teenage son. (I assume the kid will get the car). They seem like nice people, so I hope they will treat the car well. They agreed to pay my asking price of $10,000, but wanted me to put fresh tires on the car. I said "How about $9,500, and you can put the tires on yourself. That way you get to choose the brand, etc." They said OK and the deal was done. Paid by direct wire transfer from their bank to mine, so a nice quick and safe transaction. I will surely miss the little Si, but my old Skylark will really appreciate getting to take over the empty garage slot, especially now that Winter is almost here. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know it was off the market. Thanks for all the kind comments about the car. Chuck A.
what a lucky kid, i sure hope he enjoys the **** out of it and takes care of the car and keeps it pristine as a diamond!
Old 11-21-2011
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

I'z sad.

RIP a clean '99 Si.