6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Cosmetics

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moellerm is an unknown quantity at this point
Cosmetics

Just looking for suggestions for cosmetics for this 98 LX Sedan. I'm happy with how its running, so just trying to make it look a little different.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	79823   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0070.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	79824  
Old 12-18-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cosmetics

maybe some alloy wheels?
Old 12-18-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Mesh grill and a drop!
Old 12-18-2010
Registered!!

ALLeNsEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say, drop it on some lowering springs. Throw a lip kit on it, some good 16s, and let your imagination take over.
Old 12-20-2010
Registered!!

Steven21 is an unknown quantity at this point

si grill for sure i love the look of mine. alloy rims, machined not any shiny crap, and a little tint but nothing too dark, it really helps protect the interior and no lip kit lol i personally hate that **** it takes away from the look of a car that already looks very good stock. oh and maybe some hid halo headlights and fog lights
Old 12-22-2010
Registered!!

asianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the rough

si grill and si front lip or maybe rear bumper lip but thats an option,
si spoiler, red clear tail lamp, gun metal headlamp or black housing with amber corner. yellow fog lamp or clear with yellow bulbs, personally i go for clear cuz i could change it to any color bulbs if i want,
drop it with itr springs if available cuz it wont hurt too much of ur camber and also works good with stock shocks, and to top it off either oem honda rims like integra gsr rims or se rims, si rims look really good on it.
tint all windows at legal limit. buffer and shine then ride clean
Old 12-24-2010
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

I would stay away from spoilers on a sedan. The back doors extend the cab, making the trunk lid shorter horizontally but taller vertically; hence why the taillights are fatter. This overall makes any type of wing look like garbage. Get rid of the shower molding on the sides, replace it with an aero kit and leave the back bumper alone (maybe get a lip for it). Get some OEM headlights and do a retrofit with some HID's (theres a million DIY's for it). Get some 15's (again, nothing flashy--keep it clean), drop it (replace shocks and springs otherwise you're going to hate driving the car--it will be unbelievably uncomfortable) and tint it (20% is plenty). No fog lights, no flashy front bumpers, leave the taillights alone and leave the headlights clear. Personally, I think smoking them or tinting them would look hideous with the green. You can really only get away with that if your civic is white, red or black. To top it off, probably grab an Si grill. Wash her and wax her good and watch the heads turn and drool.
Old 12-25-2010
Registered!!

moellerm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, folks. Merry Christmas
Old 12-27-2010
Registered!!

Steven21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zeferint
I would stay away from spoilers on a sedan. The back doors extend the cab, making the trunk lid shorter horizontally but taller vertically; hence why the taillights are fatter. This overall makes any type of wing look like garbage. Get rid of the shower molding on the sides, replace it with an aero kit and leave the back bumper alone (maybe get a lip for it). Get some OEM headlights and do a retrofit with some HID's (theres a million DIY's for it). Get some 15's (again, nothing flashy--keep it clean), drop it (replace shocks and springs otherwise you're going to hate driving the car--it will be unbelievably uncomfortable) and tint it (20% is plenty). No fog lights, no flashy front bumpers, leave the taillights alone and leave the headlights clear. Personally, I think smoking them or tinting them would look hideous with the green. You can really only get away with that if your civic is white, red or black. To top it off, probably grab an Si grill. Wash her and wax her good and watch the heads turn and drool.

Couldnt have said it better myself lol