6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

**1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build**

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe_Nash is an unknown quantity at this point
**1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build**

I recently bought a 1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan, Manual Transmission, 106 HP @ 6,200 rpm, with 183,xxx miles on it. It needs/needed some things to be drivable. I will be adding pictures of the build.

Things it needs: B=Bought, I=Installed, N=Need
Registration[BI]
Taxes &Tags [BI]
Stock Fuel Tank [BI]
Stock Fuel Pump [BI]
IKON Rims [B] 10/10/10
Wheels [B] 10/10/10
Black Interior [BI]
Black Paint Job [N]
Stock Fenders [N]
Matrix GT-5 Wing [N]
LEDGLOW 7 Color Neon Kit [N]
15 or 20% Window Tint [N]
Sparco Hood Pins [N]
Stillen Exhaust [N]
Viper Alarm System [N]
Matrix Pedals [N]
Halo Headlights [N]
Aftermarket Taillights [N]
Foglights [N]
DC Strut Bars [N]
Skunk2 Struts & Shocks [N]
Eibach Sway Bars [N]
G2 Caliper Paint [N]
DC Headers [N]
AEM Cold Air Intake [N]
Skunk2 Intake Manifold [N]
Stock Trunk [N]
Aftermarket Shift **** [N]
Momo Emergency Brake Handle [N]
Matrix Cigarette Lighter [N]
NRG Radiator Cap [N]
AEM Spark Plug Cover [N]
AC AutoTechnic Battery Tie Down [N]
AC AutoTechnic Oil Cap [N]
Blackworks Camber Kit [N]
Clutch Masters Flywheel [N]
Extreme Audio Sound System & Radio [N]

And that's all for now.. its going to be a long and expensive build.. I feel like I left some things out... lemme know some other parts you personally like

Pictures:
Name:  DSC05290.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  52.8 KB
Name:  DSC05291.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  34.4 KB
Name:  DSC05284.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  55.6 KB
Name:  DSC05282.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  48.5 KB
Name:  DSC05283.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  76.8 KB
Name:  DSC05285.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  54.4 KB
Name:  DSC05286.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  39.2 KB
Name:  DSC05287.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  53.2 KB
Name:  DSC05288.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  50.3 KB
Name:  DSC05289.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  35.1 KB
Name:  DSC05260.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  44.1 KB
Name:  DSC05259.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  38.2 KB
Name:  DSC05262.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  40.8 KB

Name:  DSC05277.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  25.4 KB
Name:  DSC05278.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  40.0 KB
Name:  DSC05279.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  23.3 KB
Name:  DSC05280.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  28.3 KB
Name:  DSC05274.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  29.5 KB
Name:  DSC05273.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  34.7 KB
Name:  DSC05270.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  48.5 KB
Name:  DSC05271.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  38.0 KB
Name:  DSC05272.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  43.0 KB
Name:  DSC05269.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  55.3 KB
Name:  DSC05268.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  36.3 KB
Name:  DSC05266.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  40.6 KB
Name:  DSC05265.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  37.9 KB
Name:  DSC05264.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  46.5 KB

I hope you guys enjoy watching the build

Joe

Last edited by Joe_Nash; 10-22-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: **1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build**

That's quite a list you got there..

A few questions/suggestions..
-I'm not a fan of euro-style tails.. they look like crap, IMO..
-From your anticipated mod list, I don't think it'll warrant a stage 5 clutch. You'll just end up with harsh engagement and a possibly sore leg from it.
-I've heard some not-so-good things about extreme dimensions.. and if you do decide on a body kit of sorts, don't grab the flashiest one you can find. Clean and subtle, I'd say, is the way to go.
-From the looks of it, you want all show and no go.. Just sayin..

It's all a learning process, and you'll probably soon find out that a lot of the mods you want, you won't want later. However, in the end, it's your car, you do what you want. Some people will like it, some people will hate it. Just have fun doing it, and remember to keep racing where it belongs: on a track.
Old 10-10-2010
Registered!!

Thanks for the tips.. I honestly don't know much about cars.. right now I'm getting it on the road.. gotta buy new tires because they are dry rotted from sitting for a year.. so I'm getting a package set of rims and tires.. As for the clutch I just thought the higher the clutch stage the better/faster.. Right now I'm just doing cosmetics then later the performance parts will come in.. not gonna be racing it.. if anything just messing around with people on the roads.. :P I do it in my little AT Toyota haha.. I haven't really heard much but I'm getting warranties on all of the parts I'm getting.

Body Kit

Mainly gonna be just a nice showy drive around car.. eventually I want it to be faster. ) Might get a b18c5 in there later, later lol..
Let me remind you again, I don't know much at all about cars... lol..

If you find any parts lemme know, I'll give them a look and am definitely open to suggestions.. Thanks riceboy.
Old 10-10-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing to warrant a higher stage clutch is the amount of torque your engine is producing. A clutch really has nothing to do with how fast your car goes. Or something like that.

Before you commit to getting a specific part/brand of [insert part here], do your homework on them. Compare them to other brands, if you can find something similar with a different reputable piece for cheaper, then why not, right? Oh, and I was turbo'd for a little while, and my car didn't see anything than a stage 1 clutch. That **** was HELLA stiff compared to stock. Took a little bit getting used to.

Just don't be that guy with a fatty body kit, unnecessarily large exhaust, loud as hell, but due to the lack of "correct combinations," for the lack of better words, is slow as hell. A lot of guys new to modding cars thinks that the larger the exhaust the better, right? Wrong. Your car needs a little bit of backpressure to work correctly. Just a little insight, when I installed a header once, I accidentally offset the downpipe by maybe ¼-½ inch. That **** was so freakin loud, and it had so much power loss, that I was barely able to make it up a driveway without revving 'er up and dropping the clutch.

Search around, you'll find a lot of information of the 01-05 civics, but many of the concepts will apply to your car. Do your homework, do **** right the first time. It may be more expensive up front, but it'll save you a metric **** ton of money and headaches in the future. But like I said earlier, have fun, and happy modding.
Old 10-10-2010
Registered!!

**Pics will be up soon**
Need some advice on bodykits, maybe even lip kits, if you know any that would look dope for a good price lemme know!
Old 10-10-2010
Administrator
Administrator

there are only 2 body kits (not including lip kits) that I'd consider putting on my car..
the Tsunami kit

and the buddy club 2 kit

i'm too poor for a body kit though.. lol
Old 10-11-2010
Registered!!

Well gotta remember its a Sedan not a coupe.. :/

ps. I think I was looking at that buddy club 2 kit.. haha

Last edited by Joe_Nash; 10-11-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-11-2010
Administrator
Administrator

All I'm saying is I'm one if few people that won't say "don't get a body kit," however I'm picky about what I'd put on my car.
Old 10-11-2010
Registered!!

Steven21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
All I'm saying is I'm one if few people that won't say "don't get a body kit," however I'm picky about what I'd put on my car.
Im in the same boat with you. i prefer the stock look of a car than some flashy clunky thing that doesnt look that cool. The cars were made the way they were for a reason and adding a body kit can be detrimental to the car. They can add alot of weight and be very expensive and do almost nothing to the car besides cosmetic. Put the money you spend on a body kit on some engine mods or upgrade some of the features of the car to make it more driver friendly. and unless the car has no paint on it i would not recommend getting it painted. the factory paint is a much higher quality then any paint you will get on the car. it will fade and will not look good after a few years regardless of how much you spend. when a car is painted there is nothing on it or in it. painting is one of the first things they do. this is because the paint they used is heated to such high temperatures and can get a better quality paint. so any paint job outside of factory will never be what you fully want it to be
Old 10-11-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

I have a '98 LX sedan too...Where are the pics?!!! LOL!
Old 10-11-2010
Registered!!

Didnt get a chance to put the pics up last night.. going to hopefully tonight after work.. but I personally dont like the stock look of cars. I'm waiting on my rims to get here sometime this week, put those on and see how it looks.. if it looks fine with the rims and stock body I wont get a body kit, but even at that I might just get a lip kit for a more aggressive look to the body of the car.
Old 10-11-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Lip kit looks clean and at the same time aggressive. Those other body works are too much and makes it look like it belongs on the other side of the border. LMAO!!!
Old 10-11-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Nosepicker
Lip kit looks clean and at the same time aggressive. Those other body works are too much and makes it look like it belongs on the other side of the border. LMAO!!!
Lol, well we will see what I decide on. Pictures are up though, so now you can see what it looks like lol. It needs work.
Old 10-11-2010
Registered!!

Just got one question: WTF happened to the car?

LMAO!
Old 10-11-2010
Registered!!

I don't know what happened to it before we got it. But when my stepdad bought it he was driving down the road and didn't close the hood all the way so it smashed the windsheild and I just replaced it recently so it sat fora year in rain and weathered and it destroyed the interior. So we took the interior out and the seats but we keep cleaning the car so we take out the seats all the time. :P lol other then that idk what happened to it before we have it.
Old 10-22-2010
Registered!!

**BUMP** & **UPDATE**

Bought and installed new interior. Pics will be up soon.. Also got a new hood latch.. still waiting on the tires and wheels (there was a money issue with the credit card company) Can't wait to get them in though. Buying Shocks & struts next.