6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

My new project

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light
My new project

So some of you may have read my fond farewell frankenstein thread and know that I now have an EJ6 hatchback. I bought it friday morning and have already begun to turn it into something worthy. I;ll have pictures of it up by tonight hopefully, it's dirty and I want to wash it before I post it.

The basics:

1996 Honda Civic CX
Purchase date 5/28/2010
Roma Red
150,168 miles
Grey interior
Bone stock
195 65 15 tires on EM1 wheels
D16y7 engine

I bought the car from a guy who needed a bigger car for his growing family. I sold my EX/Si after a maryaid of problems. I don't think I will ever buy a U.S. built Honda again. Anyways this one was built in Canada 2HGEJ6. It's wierd having another 96-98 civic, I haven't had one since my sedan in 2006. It was in so-so condition for a vehicle of it's age but 150k miles on a 14 year old car is slightly over 10k miles/year carfax verified.

What I have done so far:
3M Headlight restore
Replaced burned out bulbs and fuses
Replaced shittay civic front seats with GSR grey cloth seats
Replaced shittay OEM exhaust with Magnaflow oval axle back
Changed out the shittay CX non tach cluster with EX cluster and swapped over the odometer
Installed Alpine Mp3 deck
Kenwood 4 way 61/2
Kenwood 5 way 6x9
Removed intake resonator and replaced air filter
Old 06-01-2010
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My new project

Today I went to windsor auto salvage in Ocala and found some goodies.

I said above i replaced the civic seats with integra ones, i got those at the junk yard from a car that was stolen over the holiday weekend and it was a 2001 i think with like 37k miles. Fresh seats so to speak. Off the GSR I got the rear sway bar, a strut tower bar and a muffler. Now let me just say this, when you go to a junkyard, it pays to know your ****. The guys try and rape me all the time with "JDMness" and this is "aftermarket" and this is "performance" stuff. For example, they tried to sell me drop zone springs on blown *** shocks for 30 each. Sounds good? well NEW tanabes or Teins or whatever springs are 150-200 new. 120 used bullshit vs 150-200 new awesomness.... yeah.

Well I stumbled upon this gsr and noticed something peculiar... a polished slant *** tip reminiscent of a type r. hmmm i thought this surely can't be.... "How much for the fart can?" i asked. "30 dollars" the junk yard man said. Surely they had yet to realize what it was they had. "I'll take it." They insisted that it was a stock muffler and that I was wasting my money on stock parts and I said let me worry about it. True legit ITR muffler, 30 bones.

My cx also does not have sway bars. I pulled front control arms off a 2000 ex and the sway bar for 90 dollars.
Got the GSR rear sway $10
EX air cleaner 10
Driver side headlight 10
EX cluster 40
GSR seats (cloth) 30 each
Strut bar 10
other misc stuff $?

all in all I spent 300 dollars at the junk yard and found plenty of stuff that I would have bought later on down the road. Saved a bunch of cash and spotted some other gems I'll have to come back to when I got more cash. What I don't use I can sell. Money spent = money made.

I promise i'll get pictures up.
Old 06-01-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds sweet... can't wait to see some pictures.
Old 06-02-2010
^Warranty voider

pic of my itr muffler modified to fit

Last edited by Running Riot; 06-02-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

What are your plans for the cx? Supercharger?
Old 06-03-2010
^Warranty voider

im a fan of all motor... but all this motor is good for is a paperweight. Gas mileage isn't SIGNIFICUNTLY better than the B16 I had. I'd really like a 1.8 but 1.6 would be sufficient. I think the direction I'm headed is to swap a b16 with stock header/intake itr exhaust and maybe ctr cams and leave it at that. I want a clean looking and running hatch.
Old 06-03-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Word. I agree on all motor being greater than all. I'd like to swap some day but living in California with its bullshit BARing process has kind of turned me off the idea. I can't imagine my car with double its horsepower from a K swap.
Old 06-03-2010
^Warranty voider

the k series is great an all but my b16 with bolt ons beat my gfs 09 si with bolt ons. The K20a swaps are 500 now cuz nobody wants them (the 160 hp ep3) but I like the b series because I'm familiar with it and parts are cheap(er)